Aspose Words error during installation

While installing the purchased version of Aspose Words to our SharePoint 2013 farm, we are getting an error message:

Feature with Id '839fccb5-9c86-4d0a-bee0-f0799adac4c2' is not installed in this farm, and cannot be added to this scope.

In Central Admin the Aspose solution shows as deployed but the feature isn't available under Manage web applications.

What are possible causes for the installation failure that we can look into?

Thank you,

WebDev

Hi WebDev,

I am developer who will work on this issue, so I would like to know exact version of Windows Server (with version of installed Service Packs if any) and the version of SharePoint 2013 (Foundation, Standard, Enterprise, etc).

Then I will try to reproduce the issue on my side.

Thanks and regards,
Vadim.

Hi Vadim,

We are currently on:

• SharePoint 2013 Enterprise (on-premise) – Version 15.0.4569.1506
  • Windows Server 2012 R2 – Version 6.3.9600 Build 9600

Thank you,
WebDev
Hi Rich,

Thanks for the additional information. We will prepare the required platform to simulate the environment as of yours. As soon as everything is setup, we will test your issue on our end and will post the results here for your kind reference. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,
Hi WebDev,

I was able to install the feature on my newly configured server without any problem.
And this works both for standalone SharePoint instance, and as well for farm instance.

So next thing I would propose is to try manual activation of installed/deployed feature.

In case it was un-installed during roll-back, please try to install/deploy WSP file manually and then again try to activate the feature.

If you need detailed instructions how to do this - please let me know.

Thanks and regards,
Vadim.

Hi Vadim,

The manual install was successful. The install documentation for Aspose Words + license could use additional detail and/or revisions for SharePoint 2013. License installation references stsadm instead of Powershell.

Thank you,
WebDev

Hi,

Thanks for the additional information. It is great you were able to resolve this issue on your end. We will be sure to update related topics in documentation soon.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSSP-241) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for SharePoint update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.