Aspose.Words error on x64

I’m in a lot of trouble … I’m moving an application that uses Aspose.word from a Windows Server 2003 32 bit platform to a Windows Server 2003 64 bit platform(the 32 bit server is dying)… and now the application throws and error when it starts.

Here’s what happens when we try to run the application on the new 64 bit server … I tried to look in the forums and could not find anything about that easily.

Can you help?

C: \ComplaintsOCCMailMerge> ComplaintsOCCLetterGenerator.exe

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer fo
r' Aspose.Word.License' threw an exception.ù> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly' System, Version = 2.0 .0 .0, Culture = neutral, Pub
licKeyToken = b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.The system cannot find
the file specified.
File name: ‘System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c56193
4e089'ù> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly' Sy
stem, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089’ or o
ne of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'System, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c56
1934e089’

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\M
icrosoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure lo
gging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fus
ion!EnableLog].

at Aspose.Word.License…cctor()

— End of inner exception stack trace —
at Aspose.Word.License…ctor()
at ComplaintsOCCLetterGenerator.Class1.Main(String[] args)

C: \ComplaintsOCCMailMerge>

Thanks!

This message was posted using Email2Forum by ShL77.

Hello

Thanks for your request. Which version of Aspose.Words do you use for testing? To check version of the library, right click on the dll, select Properties from the context menu, then select Version tab. You will see File version.
Could you please try using the latest version of Aspose.Words (9.1.0) and let me know how it goes on your side.
Best regards,

Hi Andrey,
I checked and it’s version 2.4.1.0 … dates back to 2005. The application that uses this dll has been in production since then and it’s been humming along without any issues and I guess that was the latest version … back then.
I’ll download the latest dlls to try to see what happens.
Thanks,
Marc

Hi Andrey,
Well, I went to https://releases.aspose.com/words/net and downloaded the latest and greatest dlls.
I then checked out the dlls … right out of the gate: the dlls I have is called “Aspose.Word.dll” … the ones in the zip are “Aspose.Words.dll” which is different.
Anyhow, I tried to run the .exe with the dll “as-is” … and I got an error. I then tried to rename the Aspose.Words.dll to “Aspose.Word.dll” and that didn’t work either.
Here is the error that I got :

C: \ComplaintsOCCMailMerge> complaintsocclettergenerator.exe
Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Aspose.Word, Version=2.4.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=716fcc553a2
01e56' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

File name: 'Aspose.Word, Version=2.4.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=716fcc
553a201e56'

at ComplaintsOCCLetterGenerator.Class1.Main(String[] args)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\M
icrosoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure lo
gging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fus
ion!EnableLog].

C: \ComplaintsOCCMailMerge>

Any other suggestions?
Marc

Hi Marc,
Thank you for additional information. Please try removing reference to the old version of Aspose.Words and add reference to the new version.
Hope this helps.
Best regards,