The attached project simply opens a Word HTML file and saves it to PDF, however the resultant PDF is missing the parts of the document defined in the file header.htm contained in the subfolder. If you open the generated .PDF file (also attached), and compare it to the document when you open it in Word, you will note that the heading is absent, and the formatting is slightly off.
If there any way of making Aspose.Words load the linked files for this document?
We have tested the scenario and managed to reproduce the same issues at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged these problems in our issue tracking system as shown below.
WORDSNET-22527 : Header is lost after HTML to DOCX/PDF Conversion
WORDSNET-22528 : Table row is pushed down to next page in output PDF
You will be notified via this forum thread once these issues are resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.
Many thanks for that, Tahir. Since you’re reporting bugs, I have another one for you, possibly related.
The original document actually had two @page CSS definitions, but I removed one after finding that Aspose.Words wasn’t able to handle it. Word will open the file in A4 with landscape orientation, but Aspose.Words opens it in Letter with portrait. See the files in the attached project with the “_2page” suffix.
AsposeBugReport1_v2.zip (32.4 KB)
Please note that this additional bug is not high priority, because we have a workaround. The other bugs are showstoppers.
We have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-22531. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.
We apologize for your inconvenience.
Hi @tahir.manzoor. Just checking in on this issue. I know it’s likely to be a complex defect, but could I ask if there is any sort of estimated time to fix? I’ve been using a 30 day evaluation, which has now expired, and if we can’t make this work, we might need to consider other options than Aspire.
Sorry to be a pest.
We try our best to deal with every customer request in a timely fashion, we unfortunately cannot guarantee a delivery date to every customer issue. We work on issues on a first come, first served basis. We feel this is the fairest and most appropriate way to satisfy the needs of the majority of our customers.
The issues you reported in this thread are not bugs. These are missing features in Aspose.Words. Currently, there is no ETA available for these. We will be sure to inform you via this forum thread once there is an update available on them.