Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose.words for Reporting Services V 3.7.0 - Rendering Failure using DOCX

We are using the Rendering part of aspose for creating docx-files within the SQL-Reporting-Services.


our BIG Problem: sometimes it works, sometimes not. Sometimes parts of the docx-file are deleted after rendering to docx using aspose-dll within the SSRS.
We are starting with a standard report from reporting-Services (see page 4 of the attached PDF).
Report is created. Everything fine. Original-Report is attached (RDL). the result of the report is attached (page 1 in the PDF).
Now we try to create - using the menu action within SSRS a DOC-file - everything fine. see page 2 in the pdf
Now we try to create a DOCX - using aspose - text is deleted partly!!!
we could not find the reason - after a lot of hours of tries. see page 3 in the PDF.
Page 4 is the original Report.

Hi Dietmar,


Thanks for your inquiry. It would be great, If you please use select statement as shown below (to populate the data ) in your RDL file and share it with us for investigation purposes.

Please see the following DataSet example with select statement:

<DataSets><o:p></o:p>

<DataSet Name=DataSet1><o:p></o:p>

<Query><o:p></o:p>

<DataSourceName>DataSource1</DataSourceName><o:p></o:p>

<CommandText>select 1 as value, ‘label1’ as label<o:p></o:p>

union all<o:p></o:p>

select 2 as value, ‘label2’ as label<o:p></o:p>

union all<o:p></o:p>

select 3 as value, ‘label3’ as label<o:p></o:p>

union all<o:p></o:p>

select 4 as value, ‘label4’ as label<o:p></o:p>

</CommandText><o:p></o:p>

</Query><o:p></o:p>

<Fields><o:p></o:p>

<Field Name=value><o:p></o:p>

<DataField>value</DataField><o:p></o:p>

<rd:TypeName>System.Int32</rd:TypeName><o:p></o:p>

</Field><o:p></o:p>

<Field Name=label><o:p></o:p>

<DataField>label</DataField><o:p></o:p>

<rd:TypeName>System.String</rd:TypeName><o:p></o:p>

</Field><o:p></o:p>

</Fields><o:p></o:p>

</DataSet><o:p></o:p>

</DataSets>

hello,


Thanks. What shall I deliver to you exactly? RDL? Share the Screen?

One more information:
we create reports using sql-statements and fill in some text - for example “basketball”. If we create the report, it works fine, if we then render to doc, it works fine, if we render to DOCX (aspose!) we lose some text - see page 1 (report in SSRS) and 2 (docx).
Now we does not insert “basketball” but “basketbal” - we now lose half of the text as well - but we got cut off on a total other part of the text - see page 3 (report in SSRS) and 4 (docx).
the behavior of the aspose dll is totally unpredictable, it depends sometimes on one single char.
thanks.
Dietmar

Hi Dietmar,


Thanks for sharing the details. I am working over your query and will update you asap.

Hi Dietmar,


Thanks for your your patience.

Please see the attached image, I have managed to reproduce the highlighted issue. The highlighted text in attached image do not render in output Doc/Docx file. I have logged this issue as WORDSRPT-123 in our issue tracking system. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

hallo,


how about this issue???
What is goiing on? It would be quite urgent to get a solution.
Do you want to make a session to our environment?

Dietmar


Hi Dietmar,

I am programmer who worked on your issue.
Currently the issue is fixed and will be available in new 3.8.0 release (December).

Regards,
Vadim

hello,


how about Release 3.8.0 with a fix of my problem?
I am totally frustrated about selling an expensive product, troubles after troubles with fundamental problems of the rendering engine of aspose (which took us much time and a customer which was not amused) - and waiting on a fix of that for month?

I am astonished how customers with fundamental product-troubles have been treated…

Wehinger

Hi Wehinger,


Please accept our sincere apologies. I agree that we should have handled your issue individually and provided you with an intermediate build sooner. At the moment I am waiting for technical details of the issue from Vadim (the developer responsible for fixing such issues). I also contacted him to make sure that he is able to provide you with an intermediate build shortly; he confirmed that he will likely be able to prepare a special build on Monday.

I will share more details very soon. I am sorry again for this situation.

Hi,

I would like to inform you that new version v3.8.0 is released and you can download it from here:
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/52/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.words-for-reporting-services/default.aspx

Please contact in case of any problems and/or questions - I will try to help.

Regards,
Vadim