Aspose words for Reporting Services - wordwrap issue using AWTXT for mat

Hi

I am an employee of GlassLewis & Co and have recently installed a ‘temporary’ license for Aspose words for reporting services - version 4.1.1. - Order ID 140130074905 enterprise edition.

The installation went through correctly and the report allows the aspose render options - I am only interested in the ‘awtxt’ Plain Text via Aspose.Words option - my report renders but the word wrap is incorrect - the report is too narrow. See attached - FormNPX_Txt_demo_local_prev.txt. This was tested using MS SQL SERVER 2012.

This same report renders correctly using a fully licensed version of Aspose using MS SQL SERVER 2005 and Aspose.Words.ReportingServices version 2.2.0.3. See attached FormNPX_Txt_democlient_uat.txt.

The RDL and .data files are attached.

Majella Strinati
mstrinati@glasslewis.com

Hi Majella,

Thanks for your inquiry. It would be great If you please use the select statement( to populate the data ) inside

your RDL file and share that RDL file with us. I will investigate the
issue on my side and provide you more information.

Please see the following DataSet example with select statement for your kind reference:

<DataSets>
	<DataSet Name="DataSet1">
		<Query>
			<DataSourceName>DataSource1</DataSourceName>
			<CommandText>
				select 1 as value, ‘label1’ as label
				union all
				select 2 as value, ‘label2’ as label
				union all
				select 3 as value, ‘label3’ as label
				union all
				select 4 as value, ‘label4’ as label
			</CommandText>
		</Query>
		<Fields>
			<Field Name="value">
				<DataField>value</DataField>
				<rd:TypeName>System.Int32</rd:TypeName>
			</Field>
			<Field Name="label">
				<DataField>label</DataField>
				<rd:TypeName>System.String</rd:TypeName>
			</Field>
		</Fields>
	</DataSet>
</DataSets>

Hi Tahir

See sample dataset attached as requested, however I attached the .rdl, and the associated .rdl.data with the first post.

Rgds
Majella

Original .rdl file attached

Hi Majella,

Thanks for sharing the RDL file. Unfortunately, I am unable to execute your RDL (FormNPX_Txt.rdl) with sample_2178.xml. Please use the select statement (to populate the data) inside your RDL file and share that RDL file with us.

As soon as you get these pieces of information to us we’ll start our investigation into your issue.

Hi

Attached is the .rdl with the data embedded inside the .rdl as requested.

It is called FormNPX_Txt_Sample.rdl

Rgds

Majella Strinati

Hi Majella,

Thanks for sharing the RDL file.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSRPT-161. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi
Would like a status update on the issue please.

Regards

Majella Strinati

Hi Majella,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have verified the status of WORDSRPT-161 from our issue tracking system and like to share with you that this issue has been resolved. The fix of this issue will be available in next version of Aspose.Words for Reporting Services (v 4.3.0) which is planned to be released by the end of first quarter of this year.

We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as Aspose.Words for Reporting Services (v4.3.0) release is published.

Hi
Just checking the satus of WORDSRPT-161 with you is the Aspose.Words for Reporting Services (v 4.3.0) available yet.
Rgds
Majella Strinati

Hi Majella,

Thanks for your inquiry. The Aspose.Words for Reporting Services v 4.3.0 has not released yet. We are in communication with our development team about the release date of Aspose.Words for Reporting Services and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Hi,

I would like a status update on the pending release of Aspose.Words for Reporting Services v 4.3.0, one of our reports is dependant on this and our deadline is getting ever closer. Can you give me an estimated date of release please - you originally said this would be ready at the end of Q1 2014.

Rgds

Majella Strinati

Hi Majella,

Thanks for your patience. I have not received response from our development team yet. However, I have requested again about the release date of Aspose.Words for Reporting Services v 4.3.0. As soon as any information is shared by them, I will be more than happy to share that with you. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi

I received an email from your sales team today outlining that my quote will expire in 5 days, is there any way that you can liaise with them the order number is 140130074905 to extend the date on this quote.

We do not wish to purchase Aspose until the issue below is resolved and available. Would very much like an ETA on the release date of Aspose.Words for Reporting Services v 4.3.0- it appears to be almost a month late now.

WORDSRPT-161

Thanks for your inquiry. I have verified the status of WORDSRPT-161 from our issue tracking system and like to share with you that this issue has been resolved. The fix of this issue will be available in next version of Aspose.Words for Reporting Services (v 4.3.0) which is planned to be released by the end of first quarter of this year.

Rgds

Majella Strinati

Hi Majella,

Thanks for your patience.

The issue WORDSRPT-161 had been resolved and available in latest version of
Aspose.Words for Reporting Services. Please download the latest version of Aspose.Words for Reporting Services from here:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/reportingservices

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSRPT-161) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for Reporting Services update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hi

Thank you so much - appreciate the notification - appreciate that the issue is fixed.

I have downloaded and will be installing the .msi shortly.

Rgds

Majella Strinati

Hi

I uninstalled my existing Aspose and installed the new version however I am getting the following error
when I choose the AWTXT option only, the Aspose for word

This is running on Windows 7 - with SSRS2012 installed see below

Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 11.0.2100.60
Microsoft Analysis Services Client Tools 11.0.2218.0
Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 6.1.7601.17514
Microsoft MSXML 3.0 4.0 5.0 6.0
Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.10.9200.16866
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.30319.18444
Operating System 6.1.7601

It is an X64 installation

Title:Exception

Timestamp: 4/28/2014 5:18:36 PM
Category: Exception
Priority: 1
EventId: 0
Severity: Critical
Machine: MSTRINATI-DT
Application Domain: bae250d5-1-130431754001670206 Process Id: 10644
Message: Error for user mstrinati. Target Site Byte[] RenderReport(System.String, GLP.Utils.ReportServiceExecution.ParameterValue[], System.String). Error Message Error Message System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: An error occurred during rendering of the report. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.UnhandledReportRenderingException: An error occurred during rendering of the report. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ReportExecution2005Impl.InternalRender(String Format, String DeviceInfo, PageCountMode pageCountMode, Stream& Result, String& Extension, String& MimeType, String& Encoding, Warning[]& Warnings, String[]& StreamIds)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ReportExecution2005Impl.Render(String Format, String DeviceInfo, PageCountMode pageCountMode, Byte[]& Result, String& Extension, String& MimeType, String& Encoding, Warning[]& Warnings, String[]& StreamIds)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportExecutionService.Render(String Format, String DeviceInfo, Byte[]& Result, String& Extension, String& MimeType, String& Encoding, Warning[]& Warnings, String[]& StreamIds). 

I would really appreciate assistance on this
Rgds

Majella Strinati
mstrinati@glasslewis.com

Hi Majella,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please accept my apologies for your inconvenience.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSRPT-173. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We are really very sorry for your inconvenience.

Hi
Would really appreciate a status update on the issue WORDSRPT-173, would you have any estimate on when it may be resolved.
Rgds
Majella Strinati