Aspose.Words forJava

Hi. We have a java web application that allows users to open microsoft word documents, but obviously, the doc is downloaded and is then outside the web application context. I was wondering if Aspose.Words forJava would allow us to open a word doc within the web application context, edit the document and save the document. I would be looking for something akin to how google allows you to open a doc in google mail and edit it on the fly. Is this something you support?

Regards,
Brian

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. Aspose.Words for Java is just a class library and with it you can programmatically generate, modify, convert, render and print documents without utilizing Microsoft Word®. So, it does not offer any UI or web control for performing these document processing tasks.

Our sister company GroupDocs.com offers a viewer app which you may consider including in your application to view the various file formats. With GroupDocs apps, you can also have limited editing functionalities. For more information, I suggest you please contact GroupDocs support through live chat or support forums of GroupDocs.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,
Thanks for the reply and for pointing me in the right direction. Much obliged.

Regards,
Brian