Aspose.Words html to Word apostrophe problem

If I use Aspose.Words .Net 6.0.1 to convert from HTML to Word, the Word document gets saved with a ‘?’ for apostrophes (and this happens to some other characters as well).

The HTML is originally created by Aspose.Words from a Word document, then I edit the HTML(using a RadControl RadEditor, or just held in an Asp.Net Literal control) and try to save it back to Word.

Not sure if this is just a general HTML problem, or Aspose.Words issue. Any ideas on a work-around? Thanks.

Hi
Thanks for your request. I cannot reproduce the problem on my side. Could you please attach your HTML for testing and provide me your code? I will investigate the issue and provide you more information.
Best regards.

I’ve attached a zip file. It contains:

1. Code snippets with our APIs to convert from Word to HTML, and from HTML back to Word
  2. Two word documents. The original, and the messed-up one after HTML is converted back to Word
  3. The HTML generated by Aspose.Words when converting the original Word document(provided) to HTML. This HTML displays fine.

Again, our workflow is to take a Word document, convert it to HTML and possibly edit it, then save it back to Word. At this point the saved Word document now has the ‘?’ characters in it.

Thanks.