Aspose.Words not converting HTML to pdf properly - cells combining

Hi Team, I am using aspose Words to convert HTML table to pdf, but when i have updated aspose package to latest verison 23.6. the functionality seems broken, here i have a row with more than 64 cells in a single row, the issue is while converting to pdf the last few cells are getting combined together. files (2).zip (51.0 KB) . Please help in resolving this issue. I have attached the code as well here.Program.zip (4.4 KB)

@sanjaykrishnats When import HTML documents Aspose.Words in most cases mimics MS Word behavior. As I can see MS Word behaves the same way as Aspose.Words does when open the attached HTML document. So the current Aspose.Words behavior is expected.
In your source HTML there are 18 cells with colspan="4" specified in one row. That means it is supposed to be 72 cells in one row. MS Word limit is 63 cells per row maximum. So such table cannot be properly imported into MS Word document object model, and Aspose.Words is designed to work with MS Word documents at first.

but the earlier version 16 was converting fine, the issue appeared after updating to latest. Can you please confirm @alexey.noskov

@sanjaykrishnats Looks like it was a bug in old version of Aspose.Words, since it violated MS Word restriction about the maximum number of cells in row. The current Aspose.Words behavior corresponds MS Word behavior.

1 Like