ASPOSE.Words not installing on Windows 7

Any idea error 2869?

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please provide me more details about error? Maybe screenshot of the error message.

Also, you can download Aspose.Words DLLs only from here:

https://releases.aspose.com/words/net/

Best regards.

I also have this problem:

“The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing the package. This may indicate a problem with the package. The error code is 2869.”

I’ve tried installing it separately (Not through Aspose.Total setup.exe), but with no luck.

Note: I use Word 2003, not 2007 - I hate that office 2007 UI.

Hi

Thank you for additional information. You can use Aspos.Words DLLs.

You can download Aspose.Words DLLs only from here:

Best regards,

Yes, I read your previous post on this, and use this workaround right now.

But it is a workaround: You have to add reference to the component by browsing to the DLL, instead of using the standard .NET component list.

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.

Best regards,

Hey, there is a bit of confision here.

You are installing Aspose.Words for Microsoft Word, which is a free add-in to allow Save As EPUB from Microsoft Word 2007 SP2.

So the things go as:

a. Are you only after the Save As EPUB functionality in Microsoft Word?

b. Do not confuse Aspose.Words for Microsoft Word with Aspose.Words for .NET.

c. Aspose.Words for Microsoft Word only works with Microsoft Word 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2). It will not work with Word 2003 or Word 2007 without SP2.

d. Aspose.Words for .NET does not exhibit installation problems on Windows 7. But Aspose.Words for Microsoft Word 1.0 does which will be fixed.

e. Do not attempt to install Aspose.Words for Microsoft Word manually. It is too much trouble to get just the Save As EPUB in Microsoft Word this way.

Yes, and
the confusion seems to be on your part.
I can’t speak for the other person who reported this issue, but I am only interested in Aspose.Words for .NET. I don’t want/need that word add-in thingy you are talking about.
If you read my previous post, it should be clear that I’m trying to install Aspose.Total, or Aspose.Words.msi (filesize 2.324.992) from Aspose.Total package.

Hi

Thank you for additional information. It seems it was our mistake. It seems we mistakenly included Aspose.Words for MS Word installer instead of Aspose.Words for .NET into the Total package. Aspose.Words for .NET installer size is 22 769 664 bytes. You can download it from here:

I apologize for confusing.

Best regards,

Does anybody still have a problem installing Aspose.Words for Microsoft Word on Windows 7 or Vista? I cannot reproduce and I guess it could have been caused by the erroneous inclusion of Aspose.Words for Microsoft Word inside Aspose.Total. I am closing this issue for the time being.

Hi,
I would like to have this epub functionality in Word 2007. When will this installer bug be fixed?
Best regards
Alex
.net developer from Berlin / Germany

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your interest in Aspose products. As Roman mentioned, we cannot reproduce the problem on our side. Have you experienced the same problem during installing Aspose.Words for Microsoft Word? Does the installer throw an exception on your side?

Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 10685) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.