Aspose.Words not retaining typeface formatting?

While my mailmerges are observing formatting in the document such as italic, bold, colours and so forth, the applied typeface seems to be ignored.

One of my testers is applying Calibri to the merge template, but the document is output in Garamond, in both the resulting intermediate Word file and the final PDF version.

I have confirmed this behaviour in my test environment too.

I’d thought perhaps that the font was absent on the server, or not present on the testers machine. My test code runs locally where Office 2007 and Calibri is installed, so that covers that, plus the tester also has Office 2007, and has Calibri installed too.

The following lines are present in my code:

pdf.IsTruetypeFontMapCached = true;
pdf.TruetypeFontMapPath = System.IO.Path.GetTempPath();

as they greatly improve PDF creation, but removing them has not made a difference.

What did I miss?

Mark

Hi
Thanks for your request. Could you please attach your template document for testing? I will try to reproduce this issue and provide you more information.
Best regards.

Alexey,

I have enclosed a demonstration DOCX template which demonstrates the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Hi
Thank you for additional information. It seems to be a known issue # 5313 in our defect database. I will notify you as soon as it is fixed.
Best regards.

Hi Alexey,
do you have any idea if and when issue #5313 will be fixed - we are getting the same problem when doing a mail-merge and outputting to a pdf document (using aspose.pdf for .net) - we are losing certain fonts on certain pages - usally changing to times roman for some reason.
Is times roman used as the default if a certain font cannot be found for some reason ?
thanks,
Paul.

Hi
Thanks for your request. Would you please attach your document for testing (template and output PDF)? I will try to reproduce your issue and provide you more information.
Best regards.