Aspose.Words: Print email address

Hi Izabel,

Izabel:

If I change MailMerge.RtlCleanupMode to MailMergeRtlCleanupMode.RemoveAll or MailMergeRtlCleanupMode I get the following error

“Not expected other boolex values here.”

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 11.7.0, I managed to reproduce this exception on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The issue ID is WORDSNET-6863. Your request has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi,

I would like to thank Awais for logging the issues and apologize to Izabel for a little confusion. I have closed WORDSNET-6862 because it was created by mistake; the email address direction problem is actually solved. Using the MailMerge.RtlCleanupMode property should help; that’s what you and Ivan discussed yesterday.

To summarize, here’s the issues that are still to resolve:

• WORDSNET-6861 - The small not preserved space problem that you reported yesterday.
  • WORDSNET-6863 - The DOC format problem that forced you use the DOCX format.

We are working on these issues and will let you know once they are resolved.

Thank you and I am sorry for a bit of confusion again.

Hi Izabel,

Izabel:

I try to print email address in RTL document.

Aspose.Words.DocumentBuilder builder = new DocumentBuilder(AsposeDocument);
builder.MoveToMergeField(FieldName);
builder.Write("aaaaa@bbb.co.il"); //its printed in wrong direction : [il.co.bbb@aaaaa*](mailto:il.co.bbb@aaaaa)

How can I solve this problem?

Please try using the following code snippet:

Aspose.Words.DocumentBuilder
builder = new DocumentBuilder(AsposeDocument); 
builder.MoveToMergeField(FieldName);
builder.Font.Bidi = false;
builder.Write("aaaaa@bbb.co.il"); //its printed in wrong direction : il.co.bbb@aaaaa

Also, please see the following API page on Font.Bidi property:

https://reference.aspose.com/words/net/aspose.words/font/bidi/

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-6863) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-6861;WORDSNET-6862) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Thanks for the solution of the preceding problem.
Unfortunately, after the solution of this problem, we have returned to the original:
“email address is printed incorrectly”

ladpc

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please try setting the FieldOptions.IsBidiTextSupportedOnUpdate Property to true. When this property is set to true, additional steps are performed to produce Right-To-Left language (i.e. Arabic or Hebrew) compatible field result during its update. When this property is set to false and Right-To-Left language is used, correctness of field result after its update is not guaranteed. The default value is false. I hope, this helps.

Best Regards,