We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose Words Printing and Myriad Pro Font

Hi there,

We have a slight issue where when we have a document that has the Myriad Pro font and the document is printed (via AsposeWordsPrintDocument), the font isn’t used and is replaced with a different font. It’s very similiar to an issue found here:

Aspose.word .NET not rendering correct font in PDF file when converting to PDF

But it’s not the exact same. Their issue was with creating PDF files - if I create a PDF file (or DOC) - I get the correct font, the issue only appears when I print the document (have tried on several hardware variations - always happens).

The example we’ve supplied is printing from the client whereas in our production environment we print from a webservice but the issue happens on either client or server based printing.

So…

1) We have a document with Myriad Pro
2) Try to convert to PDF, get the right font
3) Print it directly to a printer, incorrect font.

We have tried:
- Ensuring the font is installed on the computer
- In server based scenarios an IIS reset is done or server is rebooted
- Different versions of Aspose from 9.7 through 11 (have not tried extreme latest).

Attached is:
- A VS 2008 solution that prints a document.
- A document that we can’t get to print correctly.
- Just run the solution and you should be able to reproduce.

I can attach a scan of what the printed result looks like, but it really is just a different font, but the letters are “squished” together.

Hi

Thanks for your request. Aspose.Words uses the same layout engine to layout document for rendering to PDF and printing, so if your output PDF looks correct, but printed document is incorrect, you can suppose that there is something with your printer. Maybe upon printing your printer substitutes Myriad Pro font with some alternative font. Is the document printed fine when you print it directly from MS Word?

<span style=“font-size:12.0pt;font-family:“Times New Roman”,“serif”;mso-fareast-font-family:
“Times New Roman”;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:RU;mso-bidi-language:
AR-SA”>Best regards

That's the really odd thing.

If I view the document in Word, looks OK.
If I print from Word, prints OK.
If I view the document in Acrobat, looks OK.
If I print the document from Acrobat, prints OK.

It's only when I print via Aspose, either printing on the server using a webservice/windows service or printing via a client application.

This is a document that was created by Aspose by the way via a merge. I will try printing just a normal DOC file that wasn't created by Aspose.

It's not just the wrong font gets used, the spacing of the letters gets affected and lets say for:

ABCDE

B will actually start near where A ends. And so on, the start position of C will be near where B ends.

I've tried testing on multiple printers of varying manufacturers as I thought that would be the problem, but on every single printer the problem persists (as mentioned, printing via Notepad, Illustrator - anything else prints fine using that font).

Hi there,


Thanks for this additional information.

I managed to reproduce the issue on my side. I have created a new issue in our database to track this bug. The ID is WORDSNET-6110. We will inform you as soon as this bug is fixed. It seems for some reason this is an issue when rendering to graphics (e.g to image or printing). The output appears correct when rendering to PDF, XPS or SWF etc.

In the mean time since this issue does not occur when rendering to XPS, you may be able to work around this problem by using the XPSPrint API if this is applicable to your machine setup. Please see the following page for details: http://docs.aspose.com/display/wordsnet/How+to++Print+a+Document+on+a+Server+via+the+XpsPrint+API

Thanks,

Hello,

“Myriad Pro” is an OpenType font with PostScript outlines. Currently
Aspose.Words uses GDI+ for fonts rendering. And GDI+ doesn’t support
OpenType fonts with PostScript outlines.
Unfortunately we’re not going to switch to other fonts rendering library than GDI+ in foreseeable future.


Our customers probably aren't going to be that happy with that, but I can see where you're coming from with GDI+. After researching more, just doing anything in .NET (well, GDI+ really) it won't work. WPF does but obviously that is a different thing.

I'll have to settle for recommending a similiar font as a workaround.

Thanks for the help and quick response!

Hi Tyron,


Rest assured, we will keep you informed of any developments regarding the fix and let you know once the issue is resolved. Thanks for your cooperation.

Best Regards,

Hi there


Thanks for your feedback. Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan