We have a slight issue where when we have a document that has the Myriad Pro font and the document is printed (via AsposeWordsPrintDocument), the font isn’t used and is replaced with a different font. It’s very similiar to an issue found here:
But it’s not the exact same. Their issue was with creating PDF files - if I create a PDF file (or DOC) - I get the correct font, the issue only appears when I print the document (have tried on several hardware variations - always happens).
The example we’ve supplied is printing from the client whereas in our production environment we print from a webservice but the issue happens on either client or server based printing.
- We have a document with Myriad Pro
- Try to convert to PDF, get the right font
- Print it directly to a printer, incorrect font.
We have tried:
- Ensuring the font is installed on the computer
- In server based scenarios an IIS reset is done or server is rebooted
- Different versions of Aspose from 9.7 through 11 (have not tried extreme latest).
- A VS 2008 solution that prints a document.
- A document that we can’t get to print correctly.
- Just run the solution and you should be able to reproduce.
I can attach a scan of what the printed result looks like, but it really is just a different font, but the letters are “squished” together.