Aspose words rendering options not visible in SSRS 2008

I have installed Aspose.Words for Reporting Services on Windows 2008 R2 server but the aspose word rendering formats are not visible in Report viewer.

Also find the below error in the report server log:

"Exception caught instantiating AWDOCX report server extension: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportRendering.IRenderingExtension' from assembly"

Please let me know if any additional configurations need to be done.

Thanks & Regards,

Nithin Kumar

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.

I am representative of Aspose.Cells Family Products.

It seems, your issue is related to Aspose.Words for Reporting Services. So, I have moved your thread to correct forum.

Aspose.Words team will look into your issue and help you asap.

Hi Nithin,

Thanks for your query. Please uninstall the Aspose.Words for Reporting Services and re-install it again. If you still face problem, please install Aspose.Words for Reporting Services manually by following steps as described at following documentation link.

http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsreportingservices/Installing+on+the+Server+Manually

Please let me know if you need more information, I will be glad to assist you.

Hi Tahir,

We will try reinstalling the ASPOSE. But we would like to know if RS Word is supported in RS2008.

Thanks.

Hi Nithin,

Thanks for your query. Yes, Aspose.Words for Reporting Services supports Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services. Please read following documentation link for your kind reference.

http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsreportingservices/System+Requirements

Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Hi Tahir,

Tried uninstall/reinstalling the Aspose.Words for reporting services both using MSI and manually, but still Aspose.Words rendering options not visible in report viewer.

We are very near to our production rollover and we need to have it working. Request you to please help us in trouble shooting the issue. Also let us know if we can contact any of the Aspose.Words support contacts.

Thanks.

Hi Nithin,

Please accept my apologies for your inconvenience. It would be great if you please share the SQL Server Edition/version which you are using (32-bit or 64-bit, Standard, Developer, Express or Enterprise edition). I will setup the same environment at my side and will check this issue.

Hi Tahir,

Please find the requested details below:

SQL Serevr 2008 R2 64 Bit Standard edition.

Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (RTM) - 10.50.1617.0 (X64) Apr 22 2011 19:23:43 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation Standard Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)

Request you to please let us know if Aspose.words is supported for the above edition. Also if not supported please let us know any alternative options to make it working.

Thanks.

Hi Nithin,

Thanks for sharing the details. Yes, Aspose.Words for Reporting Services supports Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard edition (64 Bit). We will prepare the required platform to simulate the environment as of yours. As soon as everything is setup, we will test the issue on our end and will post the results here for your kind reference.

1. Windows Server 2008 R2 x64
  2. Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 64 Bit Standard edition.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hi Tahir,

Kindly request you to let us know how long it takes to set up the environment at your end and let us know the cause for the issue.

We have a production roll out planned on Oct 21 2012. Also please let us know if there are any options for paid support/consulting.

Thanks.

Hi Nithin,

Thanks for your patience.

I have prepared the Virtual Machine for Windows Server 2008 R2. I need to setup SQL Server to test this issue. Hopefully, I will update you about my findings on this issue before this weekend.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hi Tahir,

Request you to please let us know if any update on the issue. Thanks for the support.

Thanks,

Nithin Kumar

Hi Nithin,

Please accept my apologies for late response.

I have tested the scenario with following environment and have not found any issue with the manual installation of Aspose.Words for Reporting Services. Please follow the instructions mentioned at following documentation link and try again to install Aspose.Words for Reporting Services.

http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsreportingservices/Installing+on+the+Server+Manually

Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Hi Tahir,

When we uninstall the ASPOSe.Word , the config file entries are not being removed from rsreportserver.config and rssrvpolicy.config.

So now when manually reinstalling Aspose word only thing we needed to do was Step 2. (copying the dll to report server folder).

But still we are not able to see the download options. Request you to please help. Below is the dll version we currently have. Request you to please share the latest version if anything has been changed.

Name:Aspose.Words.ReportingServices.dll

Date Modified: 8/22/2007 12:28 PM

Size: 2289 KB.

Also please note we are not ahving any issues with SSRS 2005 and same was isntalled using MSI. You can contact me on +1 763 954 1678.

Thanks.

Nithin Kumar

Hi Nithin,

Thanks for sharing the details. You are using an old version of Aspose.Words for Reporting Services. Please use the latest version of Aspose.Words for Reporting Services 3.7.0. If you still face problem, please share your rsreportserver.config and rssrvpolicy.config files for investigation purposes.

nithin.k@honeywell.com:
So now when manually reinstalling Aspose word only thing we needed to do was Step 2. (copying the dll to report server folder).
Select the appropriate Aspose. Words .ReportingServices.dll and copy it to C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server<Instance>\Reporting Services<b>ReportServer\bin folder.