Aspose.Words Reporting Services Version 3.3.0 Possible Bug

The latest version seems to be having a problem rendering our report. I’ve attached a screen shot of what’s going on. As the content of the first page gets close to the bottom it repeats at the top of the second page. I have not had this problem before. If I move the content on the first page higher at some point the content on the second page doesn’t repeat. However, I need this content on the first page to be near the bottom.

Hi ,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your rdl report and file here for testing. We will check the issue and provide you more information.
Best regards.

Attached are the files you requested. Thanks.


Thank you for additional information. I logged your request into our defect database. You will be notified as soon as the issues are resolved.
Best regards.

Thank you for looking into this issue so quickly. When do you think a hotfix will be released as this fix is needed on our end fairly quickly?


Thanks for your request. I will consult with developer, who is responsible to Aspose.Words for Reporting Services, and provide you more informaton.
Best regards.

I have fixed the issue, there is no repeated textbox anymore. Thank you for reporting the issue. Please expect a hotfix in 1-2 days.

When do you expect the hotfix to be out?

I’ll provide an interim build here in a few hours.

Thank you for waiting. Please find attached. The text duplication issue is fixed in this interim build. Try it and let me know how it goes.

Tried exporting a simple report with the new dll you provided and I get the error below.
Server Error in ‘/Reports’ Application. -----------------
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
Exception Details: System.Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Source Error:
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
[Exception: An error occurred during rendering of the report.]
Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerReport.ServerUrlRequest(Boolean isAbortable, String url, Stream outputStream, String& mimeType, String& fileNameExtension) +900
Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerReport.InternalRender(Boolean isAbortable, String format, String deviceInfo, NameValueCollection urlAccessParameters, Stream reportStream, String& mimeType, String& fileNameExtension) +1313
Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerModeSession.RenderReport(String format, Boolean allowInternalRenderers, String deviceInfo, NameValueCollection additionalParams, Boolean cacheSecondaryStreamsForHtml, String& mimeType, String& fileExtension) +209
Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ExportOperation.PerformOperation(NameValueCollection urlQuery, HttpResponse response) +219
Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +171
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +599
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +171

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3603; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082

You are correct, sorry for that. We have just released Aspose.Words for Reporting Services 3.3.1 which is a stable official release that does not have this issue. Please download it at
try it out and let me know the result.