Aspose.Words Save to PDF Functionality

Can the aspose.words save to pdf convert word comments into pdf comments? I don’t want the comments to appear as content in the PDF i want them to be pdf comment objects that can be shown or hidden. Is there a way to do this with aspose words or would I have to use Aspose.pdf to do this?

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your inquiry. Aspose.Words’ page layout engine tries to mimic the way the Microsoft Word’s page layout engine works. To you, this means that if you convert a Microsoft Word document into PDF, XPS or print it using Aspose.Words, the output will appear almost exactly as if it was done by Microsoft Word. So, I will move your request in Aspose.PDF forum. My colleagues from Aspose.PDF component team will answer you shortly.

Best regards,

Hi Paul,

Thank you for considering Aspose.Pdf for .NET.

As per your requirement, you can use Aspose.Pdf for .NET to add comments / annotations to your generated PDF file. Please see the following documentation links for further details and sample code regarding processing the annotations using Aspose.Pdf for .NET.

Working with Annotations

Working with Annotations (Facades)

In case you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact support.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hi Paul,

Adding more to Awais and Nausherwan’s comments, please note that in order to convert word files into PDF format, you need to use Aspose.Words for .NET and in order for comments to appear as comment objects, you need to first extract these comments from word document, convert the word file into PDF format and once the PDF file is generated, import the comments/annotations using Aspose.Pdf for .NET.