Aspose.Words SaveToImage fails to render a font in resulting .png

When I run the code below to save the attached test document as a .png image, the resulting saved image does not display the font used in the document. The font is Bickham Script Pro Regular, and it is embedded in the document for your convenience. The problem also occurs when the font is installed on the system and not embedded.

Aspose.Words assembly version: 6.6.0.0.

Thanks,
Edin Zulich

using System;

using Aspose.Words;
using Aspose.Words.Rendering;

namespace PngTest
{

class Program
    {

static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            try
            {
                Document doc = new Document("input.docx");

doc.SaveToImage(0, 1, "testImage.png", null);

}
            catch (Exception e)
            {
                Console.Error.WriteLine("Error: " + e.Message);
            }
        }

}
}

Hi

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, Aspose.Words does not support embedded fonts upon rendering. Fonts used in the document should be installed on your PC. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Also, could you please attach fonts, which causes the problem here for testing? I will check them on my side and provide you more information.
Best regards.

Hi,

Fonts attached. The problem was first noticed on a system where fonts were correctly installed, while processing a document that did not have the fonts attached (input.docx, attached as well).

Thanks!

Edin

Hi

Thank you for additional information. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards.

Hi Edin,

The Bickham Script Pro doesn’t contain one of the tables neccessary for correct processing of the font fon t(https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/typography/opentype/spec/otff). Unfortunately, we can do nothing with it and the issue will be closed as Won’t fixed.

I apologize for inconvinience,
Alex

A fix for the issue(s) you’ve reported (filed as 7626) will be released in the next release at the end of this month. You will be notified.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-2103) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(21)