Aspose.Words table border changes when saved

Hi,

I’m using Aspose.Words version 11.4.

We have a number of documents with a table that has several rows and has a bottom border applied to the table as a whole (not each individual row). Since upgrading, it has been reported that the border is showing up on each row in the table. I have tracked this down to a call to the “Save” method. To illustrate, the code below will demonstrate the problem.

new Document(inputFilePath).Save(outputFilePath, SaveFormat.Docx);

I have attached the document that I am using as input, and also the resulting output file.

Please advise on how we should proceed from here. If there is a problem with the document we would be more than happy to fix it. I have not been able to pinpoint the source of the problem and am concerned about the fact that it looks correct prior to loading into the object model but not after. If this is a bug in Aspose then when should we expect a fix?
Thank you,
Bryan

Hi Bryan,
Thanks for your inquiry, I have tested your source file with latest Aspose.Words API and found the issue that you reported. Can you please provide some more information for investigating and resolving the issue. Which application you have used to create source file (Input.docx). As during testing I have created a new table, with bottom border style in your source file and it works fine during conversion, attached here.
Best Regards,

Tilal,

Thank you for your help!

I can’t be sure where the document originated, it may have been created with an older version of Word, or possibly gone through format conversions, I can only guess. Unfortunately this is not just a matter of one document that needs to be updated, there are many documents involved at different customer locations, so fixing them individually will not be pleasant.

Is there anything you can do with the document I attached to determine why Aspose is changing the border and fix it?

Thanks,
Bryan

Hi Bryan,
While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 11.4.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system as WORDSNET-6469. Your request has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Best Regards,

Thanks so much Tilal! I’m glad you were able to reproduce it! I know from experience how difficult that can be sometimes.

Hi
Bryan,

Thanks for the additional information. We will keep you informed of any developments and let you know once your problem is resolved.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-6469) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.