Aspose.words taking too long to convert large word file to html

Hello,

Currently, we are trying to convert word(docx/doc) file to html with the help of nuget package of Aspose.Words with version number 24.7.0.

Link: NuGet Gallery | Aspose.Words 24.7.0

We are using HtmlFixedSaveOptions for the conversion.

The issue is, when document is large then it is taking very long time to convert to HTML. What can be done here to improve the conversion performance for very large documents?

To improve the performance of converting large Word documents to HTML using Aspose.Words, you can consider the following strategies:

1. Optimize Save Options: When using HtmlFixedSaveOptions, ensure that you are only including necessary elements in the output. For instance, if you do not need certain features like images or specific formatting, you can disable them to speed up the conversion process.

2. Use Streamed Output: Instead of saving the HTML to a file directly, consider using a stream. This can help manage memory usage more efficiently, especially with large documents.

3. Break Down the Document: If feasible, split the large document into smaller sections and convert them individually. This can help reduce the load on the conversion process and improve overall performance.

4. Profile and Optimize Code: Use profiling tools to identify bottlenecks in your code. Sometimes, the way the document is being processed or the environment it runs in can affect performance.

5. Update to the Latest Version: Ensure you are using the latest version of Aspose.Words, as performance improvements and bug fixes are regularly included in updates.

6. Consider Alternative Formats: If HTML is not a strict requirement, consider converting to other formats that may be processed faster, such as PDF or plain text.

By implementing these strategies, you should be able to enhance the conversion speed for large Word documents. For more detailed information on conversion options and best practices, you can refer to the Aspose documentation on document conversion here and explore the advanced properties available for saving documents.

Sources:
[1]: Convert a Document using Aspose.Words for .NET, Java, C++

@ankitchhelavda Could you please attach the problematic document here for testing? We will check the issue and provide you more information.

Hi @alexey.noskov please check the attached document.
4MB_file.docx (4.2 MB)

@ankitchhelavda It takes about 17 seconds to convert your document to FixedHtml on my side. I think this is an acceptable time for 531 pages document. The conversion time depends on the document size and it’s complexity.

@alexey.noskov thanks for the update but still is there any way with which I can improve the performance? Could you please suggest from your experience if any other clients have achieve anything specific?

@ankitchhelavda I am afraid there is no way to improve such document processing performance. Even MS Word on my side takes several seconds just to open your document. Building document layout is quite complex and resource consuming operation and the bigger document you are processing the longer time it will take to build document layout.