Aspose.Words to PDF conversion- Watermark displaced

Dear Sir/madam,

We are converting Word files to PDF/A-1b files.
.Net version 4.5
Aspose.Words version 15.4.0

Sample Code:

var document = new Document(“source.docx”);

document.FieldOptions.FieldUpdateCultureSource = FieldUpdateCultureSource.CurrentThread;

var pdfSaveOptions = new PdfSaveOptions {Compliance = PdfCompliance.PdfA1b};
pdfSaveOptions.WarningCallback = new AsposeWordWarningCallback();
document.Save(“result.pdf”, pdfSaveOptions);

Our problem is that the watermark on Page 2 is displaced relative to the image.

I have attached the source and the result file.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Zsolt,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, I could not observe where the problem is. I think, the watermark is placed at the correct position. However, please create your expected PDF document using Microsoft Word or any other application for example. Also, please create comparison screenshot which shows the problematic area in Aspose.Words generated PDF and attach it here for our reference. We will investigate the issue further on our end and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Hi,

I have done what you suggested and attached the 2 pdfs, and a doc that contains the difference with screenshots.

Hope it helps!

Thanks.

Hi Zsolt,

Thanks for your inquiry. We see that image on Page 2 hides slightly more part of watermark in Aspose.Words for .NET 17.4 generated PDF/A-1b. Please see attached MS Word 2016 generated and Aspose.Words for .NET 17.4 generated PDF files for comparison. We have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-15348. Your thread has also been linked to the appropriate issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Hi Zsolt,

Regarding WORDSNET-15348, our product team has completed the work on your issue and has come to a conclusion that this issue and the undesired behavior you're observing is actually not a bug in Aspose.Words for .NET. So, we had closed this issue as 'Not a Bug'. Please see the following details:

PDF/A-1b format does not support transparency so the image is opaque. If you save the document without setting this option (i.e. as Pdf15), the image is rendered without any problems.

Also, it appears that the file "level2_docx_saved_from_Word.pdf" was generated by using just PDF15 specs and not PDF/A.

Regarding the watermark shift, there is a little difference between how Aspose.Words and MS Word render the watermarks; so, such insignificant shift is expected.

Best regards,