Aspose Words To Pdf Missing Font Subgroup

Hi,

i’am converting a docx to pdf with Aspose.Words. However the generated pdf embedded fonts differs from exporting the same docx from within MS Word.

When exporting it to pdf with MS Word Acrobat Reader Document Properties shows following subbed Fonts:

Arial MT Truetype Ansi
Arial MT Truetype (CID) Identity-H

While Aspose converted pdf has only

Arial MT Truetype Ansi

Is there a reason for not including the same subbed Fonts and how can i add it? I’am using MS Word 2016 and my sample Docx just contains “Hello World” in Arial.

Greetings

@david.hofmann.schleu

Thanks for your inquiry. To ensure a timely and accurate response, please attach the following resources here for testing:

• Your input Word document.
  • Please share your working environment e.g. operating system, .NET framework etc.
  • Please attach the output PDF file that shows the undesired behavior.
  • Please attach the expected output PDF file that shows the desired behavior.
  • Please create a standalone console application ( source code without compilation errors ) that helps us to reproduce your problem on our end and attach it here for testing.

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we will start investigation into your issue and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

PS: To attach these resources, please zip and upload them.

Hi and thanks for your quick response. I have added the requested resources.

Please make sure to embedd your own Aspose licenses to the console application and uncomment Setlicenses section in Program.cs.

Resources.zip (5.6 MB)

Kind regards

@david.hofmann.schleu

We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-18420. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

@david.hofmann.schleu

It is to inform you that the issue which you are facing is actually not a bug in Aspose.Words. So, we have closed this issue (WORDSNET-18420) as ‘Not a Bug’.

You are facing the expected behavior. Aspose.Words tries to use /WinAnsiEncoding when possible and uses /Identity-H encoding only when it is not possible to use /WinAnsiEncoding. It is not clear why MS Word uses /Identity-H encoding for the „Hello World“ text. Generally MS Word prefers to use /WinAnsiEncoding as well. The Aspose.Words PDF output is correct and there are no violations of PDF and PDF/A-1 specifications.