Aspose.words Version 22.8.0 incorrectly implement "public sealed class Tr : Attribute"

Implementation of this class breaks our application.
Reason: this class is implemented without using of namespace (it lands in the global namespace).
This leads to the fact, that if we implement static class with the same name we can not use it,
aspose Tr class is found prior our implementation.
To fix it in our solution is not acceptable.
This means we can not upgrade aspose library from version 22.5.0 to the latest one.

@iouri.bespalov It is not quite clear how to reproduce the problem. Could you please create a simple project that will demonstrate the problem? We will check the issue and provide you more information.

I created a solution to reproduce the issue. (On my machine Iā€™m getting described error)Aspose.Word.Issue.Tr.7z (1.8 KB)

@iouri.bespalov Thank you for additional information. I have managed to reproduce the problem on my side. For a sake of correction it has been logged as WORDSNET-24205. We will keep you informed and let you know once it is resolved.
The problem is caused by obfuscator, which renames one of classes with Tr name and moves it to the root namespace. We will investigate how to adjust obfuscation settings to avoid such issues in future. For now you can use a fully qualified name for Tr class in your code.

Thank you for your time.
We will wait with upgrading of the version until it is fixed.
In our code Tr class implementation is used on more than 250.000 places (it is related to translation)

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-24205) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 22.9 update also available on NuGet.