Aspose.Words.Viewer ignores newlines

Hi Aspose-Team,

I have an Word-document. In this document there are some newlines. But when I try to get the pages as an bitmap, all newlines (carriage return) are ignored.

My code to get the word document as a bitmap-object (“doc” is type of Aspose.Words.Document)

AsposeViewer.DocumentRenderer l_Renderer = new Aspose.Words.Viewer.DocumentRenderer(doc);
AsposeViewer.PageNavigator l_Nav = new Aspose.Words.Viewer.PageNavigator(l_Renderer);
Bitmap l_DocumentBitmap = l_Nav.CurrentPage;

I hope you can help me quickly. Thank you! I attached two screenshot. One from MS Word and the other from Aspose.Words.Viewer generated Bitmap (ignore the red lines - I add them after generating the bitmap).

Sorry, we don’t provide support on Aspose.Words.Viewer

When do you think Aspose.Words.Viewer will loose its beta-status? I think this feature should have top priority. Please let me know your timetable for this feature.
Actually I always need to convert a word document into a pdf to offer a preview of this word document. This lasts too long. In my application I offer a preview of all mail merged word documents. When a user clicks on another address I mail merge the word document with the selected address and display it in a preview-panel. Every click lasts about 1-2 sec. (mail merge + converting to pdf + display pdf). The timespan is too long. With Aspose.Words.Viewer I can display a preview of the merged word document directly. And this lasts not half a second. So this feature is very important for our application.

Yes, you are absolutely right. We consider Aspose.Words rendering engine as a top priority for us now. We hope to be able to release it in Q4 2007. But no exact timeline, sorry.

Thanks for your answer. I am looking forward for your first non-beta release! Could you inform me per e-mail about your progess?

Thank you.

Sure. I will send you an e-mail as soon as pre-release version will be ready.

Hi Aspose-Team,

what is the status about the word viewer?

Thanks for your answer.

Hi

Thanks fro your request. See the answer in FAQ.

Best regards.

We are happy to tell you that the new Rendering Engine has replaced the “old Viewer Beta”. The Rendering Engine can print, save as images or draw onto .NET Graphics object any document page.

Please see Aspose.Words documentation to learn more about new features.

Saving to image

In additional, new Rendering engine allows you to convert Word document to PDF directly (without using Aspose.Pdf).

Saving to Pdf

The latest version of Aspose.Words is available for download from downloads section or from NuGet