Aspose. Words Word to PDF conversion Font styles not rendered correctly

Hello,

We have a requirement in our company to generate PDF from word documents. For which we download the trial version of ASPOSE pdf converter(ASPOSE.WORDS) tool. We were able to use the tool and generate pdf documents. But we have identified that in some scenarios, the font from the word document does not match in the pdf document. For example if a word in the document is in bold letter then the font is not matching. We are using MERGE fields to fill data in the word document programmatically.

We wanted to see if it is because the tool we are using is a trial version. We need to identify and find a solution for this, based on which we can propose to the concerned department to buy the tool. Please let us know if it can be resolved and if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Lid

Hi Lidia,

Thanks for your inquiry and sorry for the delayed response. First of all, please note that you can easily and reliably convert Word documents from one format to another format by using Aspose.Words for .NET. For example, to convert DOCX documents to PDF format, I would suggest you please use the code mentioned in the following article:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/convert-a-document-to-pdf/

Secondly, could you please attach your input Word document and code here for testing font problems? I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hi,
Thanks for your response. Please find attached the sample files with details below,
i. Sample-MergeField.docx - Contains the merge field with bold style.
ii. MergeField-Processed.docx - Contains the output of the merge field processing which maintains the style given in the first template file.
iii. Final.pdf – The pdf converted file using Aspose.Words.
Please note that the bold style is not rendered in the final pdf file.
We have used the same code for pdf conversion as given in the link you have provided.
Thanks,
Lidia

Hi Lidia,

Thanks for your inquiry. While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 11.8.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The issue ID is WORDSNET-7093. Your request has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi,
Thank you so much for your support. We also face a similar kind of issue during pdf conversion with Arial font size being rendered smaller than present in the actual input word file. We don’t face this problem using Times New Roman font. Please find attached the sample files with details below,

1. Sample-MergeField.docx - Contains the merge field with 12 pt font size.
  2. MergeField-Processed.docx - Contains the output of the merge field processing which maintains the size of the font given in the first template file.
  3. Final.pdf – The pdf converted file using Aspose.Words.
    Please note that the font size is smaller in the final pdf file.
    Thanks a lot,
    Lidia

Hi Lidia,

Thanks for your inquiry. I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The issue ID is WORDSNET-7109. Your request has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7093;WORDSNET-7109) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.