Aspose.XBRL Product Preview

Per a request from customer superfly, we’re considering to make Aspose.XBRL.

XBRL is is a language for the electronic communication of business and financial data which is set to revolutionize business reporting around the world. It provides major benefits in the preparation, analysis and communication of business information. It offers cost savings, greater efficiency and improved accuracy and reliability to all those involved in supplying or using financial data. XBRL stands for eXtensible Business Reporting Language. It is one of a family of “XML” languages which is becoming a standard means of communicating information between businesses and on the internet. XBRL is being developed by an international non-profit consortium of approximately 250 major companies, organizations and government agencies. The above basic info is excerpted directly from XBRL official website https://www.xbrl.org/. More info please check it.

Now what we have thought is to consume XBRL files then to produce pdf, doc, xls, ppt, swf, etc with our flagship products Aspose.Pdf, Aspose.Word, Aspose.Excel, Aspose.PowerPoint and Aspose.Flash. we welcome you to post your feature requests for this product.

What’s the status of this feature?

Thanks for asking.

During last few years we were mainly growing our business development side. We will soon switch to grow the product development side which means we will have more great product development teams. Then we will be developing proposed products like this.

If you're seriously looking for something like this product, please post your requirements here. The more, the better. The product roadmap will simply be based on feedbacks from customers like you. I thank you in advance.

Hi Ben,

I don't know how much Aspose is involved in XBRL, so my apologies if you already know this stuff...

XBRL International, Inc. (XII) and its jurisdictions around the world, are developing a specification for the rendering of XBRL instance documents. If Aspose is a member of the XBRL Australia jurisdiction, you can get access to, or participate in, the development of the rendering specification.

The Australian government has launched a project to enable Standard Business Reporting (SBR)by commerce to government regulators.

If the product is going to be usable in commerce and government it likely that you you will need to embed an XBRL-compliant processor in your product to handle: XBRL taxonomy discovery; prohibitions and overrides of XLink structures; dimensions; and formulas.

Regards

Ken Layton

Director, eX-IT Software, South Africa

eX-IT Software is a founding member of XBRL South Africa and has over 8 years of experience in the development and deployment of XBRL-based solutions.

eX-IT Software ha

Hi Ken,

Thanks for sharing.

Honestly we have made no progress in this area yet. Once we have done something I will post here.

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the straight-forward answer - makes a nice change from the usual...

Ken Layton

There is definitely a growing need for an XBRL component, we’re financial developers and see the trend worldwide beginning to move to reporting with XBRL.

Would be fantastic to have a component that talks to Aspose.Cells to create XBRL tags.

Kind regards,
Earl

What is iXBRL tagging and how it different from XBRL?

Hi there,

Thanks for your interest in our components. I believe your query can be answered by studying resources found on the internet, for example wikipedia.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Cheers,