AsposeException: Page data is not valid on extrecting message from PST extract (Java)

We built a simple script that takes a PST file as input and extract all the emails (as EML) in a specified folder. During a PST extraction we received this error: "Page data is not valid.“.

We don’t have the full stracktrace available, we are using Aspose Mail for JAVA.

What causes this error? Have you got any idea?

Thanks.
Andrea.

@libraesva,

Can you please share source file and sample project so that we may further investigate to help you out. Also please share complete environment details along with which Aspose.Email version you are using on your end.

We are seeing the same issue with a PST that has no items. We are trying to create a PST we can upload for you to test.
AsposeException: Page data is not valid.
at com.aspose.email.zalt$za.b(SourceFile:3341)
at com.aspose.email.zalt$za.b(SourceFile:3390)
at com.aspose.email.zalt$za.b(SourceFile:3391)
at com.aspose.email.zalt$za.b(SourceFile:3391)
at com.aspose.email.zalt$za.a(SourceFile:2782)
at com.aspose.email.zalt.c(SourceFile:438)
at com.aspose.email.zalt.b(SourceFile:306)
at com.aspose.email.zalt.d(SourceFile:1350)
at com.aspose.email.zwo.h(SourceFile:528)
at com.aspose.email.zwo.(SourceFile:100)
at com.aspose.email.zaqm.(SourceFile:66)
at com.aspose.email.zaed.a(SourceFile:309)
at com.aspose.email.zaqv.g(SourceFile:263)
at com.aspose.email.MessageStore.(SourceFile:65)
at com.aspose.email.PersonalStorage.(SourceFile:82)
at com.aspose.email.PersonalStorage.a(SourceFile:277)
at com.aspose.email.PersonalStorage.fromFile(SourceFile:237)

The issue is a corrupt PST file. Running a repair utility fixes the issue.

@dfplive,

I have observed the stack trace shared by you and request you to please try using latest Aspose.Email for Java 19.6 on your end. If there is still an issue then please share the working sample code along with test account that you are using to import email from to PST. We will be able to investigate the issue further on our end on provision of requested information.

this stack trace was from 19.6. the issue is a corrupt PST.

@dfplive,

Can you please share the working sample code along with test account that you are using to import email from to PST. We will be able to investigate the issue further on our end on provision of requested information.

I am sorry i cannot release the PST to you. If we can recreate it with sample data we will get you a copy.

this call caused the issue: PersonalStorage pst = PersonalStorage.fromFile(filename, false);

@dfplive,

I like to inform that we need sample source file that reproduce problem or please share original file so that we may further investigate to help you out. I also like to inform that Aspose give priority to customer privacy. If you want i can make this thread private as well.