Asposepdf 22.7 stack overflow on extract image

Using AsposePdf 22.7 to extract mages from PDF am receiving “Process is terminated due to StackOverflowException.” on one file.

Please see the console app at Dropbox - File Deleted - Simplify your life

I have erased the valid license file.

@johnwnowlin

To ensure a timely and accurate response, please attach the following resources here for testing:

• Your input PDF.
  • Please create a standalone console application (source code without compilation errors) that helps us to reproduce your problem on our end and attach it here for testing.

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we will start investigation into your issue and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

PS: To attach these resources, please zip and upload them.

@johnwnowlin

The size of ZIP file is very big. Could you please remove bin and obj folders along with all DLLs from your application and share it again? Thanks for your cooperation.

it is still pretty big :slight_smile: 300M. Want me to remove all the pkgs?

@johnwnowlin

We have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as PDFNET-52292. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Will this issue be solved?

We noticed the same problem, but somehow cannot reproduce it locally.
The dump file from the production environment points to
Asposre.PDF.dll!Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfExtractor.ExtractImage()
after that in our stack in the thread in dump file there are millions of lines saying (had to expand VisualStudio22 default maximum number of lines in stack, to see the full stack, so there are actually A LOT of lines of this):
Aspose.PDF.dll!Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfExtractor.#=zTpH7U$AwbFju(System.Collections.Generic.List<Aspose.Pdf.XImage> #=zJgf4Jsc=, Aspose.Pdf.XForm #=zk02tnoxk7JRE)
followed by these three:
Aspose.PDF.dll!Aspose.Pdf.XFormCollection.this[int].get(int index)
Aspose.PDF.dll!Aspose.Pdf.XFormCollection.#=zlW2Uu3c=(int #=z6Bp4oGc=)
Aspose.PDF.dll!Aspose.Pdf.Document.#=zQAbrR9s=(Aspose.Pdf.Document #=zwKYfRXU=, int #=z6Bp4oGc=)
and than there are 22 lines of:
Aspose.PDF.dll!#=qyiDDoPrrauqTn_0JeIxQOSoq2dd5gx4$7IZeCqoH4h4=.#=z ...
ending with:
mscorlib.dll!System.Reflection.RtFieldInfo.GetValue(object obj) Line 737
where the owerflow actually occurs.

Please, do not ask us for a file, I cannot reproduce this localy and I cannot share any customer files.
Our customer uses Aspose.PDF version 22.5.

@natalial

Can you please try using 23.3 version of the API as this is the latest version and see if issue is still persisting? We will update the logged ticket information accordingly and continue our investigation.

We will get the newer version to our costumer asap.

Just tried this with 23.3 same unhappy result. I have a file that is not confidential, but would prefer it not be public. Where can I upload that so you can test against it?

@johnwnowlin

You can use the private message option to share the file and we will use it to replicate and address the issue accordingly. image.png (10.9 KB)

@johnwnowlin

We have logged another ticket for your recently shared file as PDFNET-54057 in our issue tracking system. We will look into its details and keep you posted with the status of its correction. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I confirm that newer version is not a solution. It still fails.
This problem has now started to kill our service on more than one production.
Please, let me know when you fix it.

@natalial

Your concerns have been recorded and issue has been escalated to the next level of the priority. However, please note that issues are resolved on first come first serve basis in free support model unlike paid support where issues have highest priority and are resolved on urgent basis. Nevertheless, we will surely consider your concerns and let you know once some progress is made towards ticket resolution.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

We have a payed license, I just wrote on already existing ticket.
I have a few other tickets open, but those are not as urgent and we’ve managed to find a workaround for those. Mostly.

@natalial

We have already escalated the ticket priority accordingly and will inform you as soon as we have some updates about its fix. Your patience is highly appreciated in this regard.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-52292) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 23.4.

@johnwnowlin
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): PDFNET-54461

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-54057) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 23.6.

I confirm that we have used the 23.6 version successfully. Thank you for the fix.

1 Like