AsposePdf saveoption no longer available

Hi,

I just downloaded the new version of Aspose.Cells. My code seems to break at the following:

excel.Save(XMLLoc(Document.DownloadedSourcePath), FileFormatType.AsposePdf)

oPdf = New Pdf
oPdf.TruetypeFontMapPath = ServerConfiguration.Settings.GetInstance.Transformations
oPdf.BindXML(XMLLoc(Document.DownloadedSourcePath), Nothing)
oPdf.Save(Document.OutputFolder & Constants.FILE_PUB_EXCEL2PDF)

When I tried to look for a corresponding FileFormatType, I could not find one. Please tell me how I can still get the intermediary aspose pdf xml file that I can feed into Aspose.Pdf.

Aspose.Cells 4.9.0.0
Aspose.Pdf 4.2.1.0

Thanks.

Hi,

Well, yes FileFormatType.AsposePdf is obsoleted, we have eliminated it from FileFormatType: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/aspose.cells.fileformattype.html

Please use FileFormatType.Pdf now. Now Aspose.Cells for .NET can itself convert a spreadsheet to Pdf format without using Aspose.Pdf for .NET without converting it to intermediate file. The approach is more efficient and stable, if you still find any issue, kindly do post your template files here, we can check your issue soon.

For reference how to convert to pdf format, see the document:
http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/converting-to-pdf-files.html

Thank you.

Is there any chance it will be returned?

The AsposePdf Xml format is a really useful way to perform intermediary PDF processing.

We run rules to convert arbitrary fonts to a reduced font subset for PDF/A compliance.
We also convert transparent PNGs to JPEG files to ensure we meet PDF/A transparency requirements.

We still do this with the current version AsposerWords but can no longer do this with Cells since we upgraded.

Any thoughts?

Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

We will get back to you regarding your query.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Intermediary Pdf conversion is a legacy feature. We can return this feature and keep it for another 6 months. However, we won’t maintain and improve this feature.

Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Please try the attached latest version of Aspose.Cells. We have made FileFormatType.AsposePdf public as per your need.

Thank You & Best Regards,