AsposeTotal.NET.lic Leaving ASPOSE Watermark on the image

Hi, We are using AsposeTotal.NET.lic to convert CAD files to PDF and recently the converted files have ASPOSE big watermark on the images.

Can you please suggest what and why this is happening and how to resolve this.
Thanks,

@agRH,
Hello.
Could you please attach screenshot with the watermark and specify versions of the product, we will try to reproduce this on our side.

Attached both original email msg file and the pdf converted same file that has the ASPOSE watermark after pdf conversion. I noticed one more strange behavior, yesterday i processed the attached .msg file and it converted to pdf without any watermark. Same .msg file I processed today 3 times and 2 times no watermark but 1 time the pdf converted (attached) had the ASPOSE watermark.

The AsposeTotal.NET.lic license version is 3.0.

ASPOSE .Email.dll (22.3.0)
ASPOSE .PDF.dll (23.1.0)

image.png (51.3 KB)
Watermark_Issue_Email.zip (552.6 KB)

Thanks,

@agRH The watermark on the screenshot is produced by Aspose.Words. Please make sure you have applied Aspose.Words license. Also, please check the following points:

• Make sure your call to SetLicense gets executed. Step through in the debugger.
  • Make sure your code does not catch an exception thrown by Aspose.Words licensing code. For example, Aspose.Words will throw if it cannot find the license.
  • Make sure the input documents do not already have the evaluation message. Aspose.Words does not delete existing evaluation messages.
  • Make sure SetLicense is executed before you instantiate any Document object.

@alexey.noskov we are using AsposeTotal.NET.lic license version 3.0 that covers ASPOSE Words licensing and using the SetLicense that getting executed. No code change on our side for quite some times. The email .msg file I attached earlier sometimes it converts to pdf without the watermark and sometimes with the watermark. The attached .msg file also does not have ‘evaluation message’ in it before processing.

There is an inconsistency in .msg file conversion to pdf with the same license, that is the issue.

@agRH Could you please create a simple console application that will allow us to reproduce the problem on our side? We will check the issue and provide you more information.
Also, please make sure the license is applied to all Aspose products used in your application:

Aspose.Words.License lic = new Aspose.Words.License();
lic.SetLicense(@"Aspose.Total.NET.lic");

Aspose.Cells.License cellsLic = new Aspose.Cells.License();
cellsLic.SetLicense(@"Aspose.Total.NET.lic");

Aspose.Pdf.License pdfLic = new Aspose.Pdf.License();
pdfLic.SetLicense(@"Aspose.Total.NET.lic");

Aspose.Email.License emlLic = new Aspose.Email.License();
emlLic.SetLicense(@"Aspose.Total.NET.lic");

// etc...

Hi @alexey.noskov the license is applied correctly in the code using something like this, the issue is inconsistency of ASPOSE converting the email files with or without the watermark. I’ve shared the input file I am using to test my app, Can you please use at your end those in a console app and see if you get the inconsistence pdf conversion. I also shared the ASPOSE dll version, here is again for your reference

case AsposeLib.AsposeEmail:
    using (System.IO.Stream licenseStream
    = Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().GetManifestResourceStream(licenseName))
    {
        AsposeEmail.License emailLicense = new AsposeEmail.License();
        emailLicense.SetLicense(licenseStream);
    }
    break;
case AsposeLib.AsposeImaging:
    using (System.IO.Stream licenseStream
    = Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().GetManifestResourceStream(licenseName))
    {
        AsposeImaging.License imagingLicense = new AsposeImaging.License();
        imagingLicense.SetLicense(licenseStream);
    }
    break;

Thanks,

@agRH Thank you for additional information. Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the problem on my side. I have used the following simple code for testing:

Aspose.Words.License lic = new Aspose.Words.License();
lic.SetLicense(@"X:\awnet\TestData\Licenses\Aspose.Total.NET.lic");

Aspose.Email.License emlLic = new Aspose.Email.License();
emlLic.SetLicense(@"X:\awnet\TestData\Licenses\Aspose.Total.NET.lic");

Aspose.Email.MailMessage msg = Aspose.Email.MailMessage.Load(@"C:\Temp\in.msg");
msg.Save(@"C:\Temp\tmp.mhtml", new Aspose.Email.MhtSaveOptions());

Aspose.Words.Document doc = new Aspose.Words.Document("C:\\Temp\\tmp.mhtml");
doc.Save("C:\\Temp\\out.pdf");

I run the code several times and always get the consistent result. Could you please try using the provided code on your side and let us know whether the problem still persist.

Did you use the input file I provided and used the ASPOSE dll versions I listed earlier.

@agRH Yes, I have used the input file you had attached earlier and the same versions of Aspose libraries as you.
By the way, is there a reason why you use old version of Aspose.Words?

The ASPOSE Words version was working fine so far, recently we started having inconsistent watermark on email msg files conversions not on any extension we have this issue yet.

Which version of ASPOSE .Words would you suggest?

@agRH The latest version of Aspose.Words is 23.4. But you can update to the latest version allowed by your license. Every Aspose license provides a 1-year subscription for free upgrades to any new Aspose.Words version that comes out. You can check when your subscription expires by opening the license file in Notepad (but take care not to modify and save the license file or it will no longer work) and checking the SubscriptionExpiry field.

<SubscriptionExpiry>20220218</SubscriptionExpiry>

It means that you can free upgrade to version of Aspose.Words published before 02/18/2022.