Assistance with ASP dll

Hi,

I wonder if you would be able to assist please. We have an old legacy application that uses the ASPXBarCode.dll

Do you guys still support this? We are migrating the application from a 32 bit server to 64 bit and seem to be experiencing problems displaying the barcode image?

Any assistance would be gratefully received.

Thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please note that latest version is Aspose.BarCode for .NET 7.4.0. The DLL that you have mentioned has now been replaced with BarCodeWebControl. For more information on Barcode Web control, visit the links

1. Using with .NET Web Forms.
  2. Integrate with Visual Studio.NET.

Download the latest version; it works well with 32 bit as well as 64 bit version of Operating system. Hope the above information helps. Feel free to contact us in case you have further comments or queries.

Hi,

Thanks very much for the assistance and feedback. I am in the process of integrating the new version with our current application.

What I would like to know though is if the license we obtained when we purchased the original DLL will still be valid for the new version?

Thanks once again

Hi Adam,

Your license looks expired and you will not be able to use it with the latest versions of Aspose.Barcode. You can check the expiry of your license by opening it in notepad; expiry date is written in SubscriptionExpiry tag.

You can use any version which was released before the expiry date of your license. To use the versions which were released after the expiry of your license, you will have to upgrade your license.

Best Regards,

BarCodeWebControl is not in 24.3.0 version, What do I do in this situation?

@pankajkumar1,

For newer versions of Aspose.BarCode, please refer to the API Reference pages.
https://reference.aspose.com/barcode/net/aspose.barcode.windows.forms/barcodegeneratorcontrol/
(BarCode Windows Control for your Windows forms app)

https://reference.aspose.com/barcode/net/aspose.barcode.wpf/barcodegeneratorelement/
(A WPF BarCodeGeneratorControl that can be used in a WPF window or page)

We recommend you using the BarcodeGenerator class instead for generating barcodes in applications. This class offers more flexibility and control over barcode generation. In case, you still want the older control, you may continue using older versions.

Actually I am looking for Web-forms.
How do I migrate BarCodeWebControl in 24.3.0 version?

@pankajkumar1,

Thank you for providing further details.

You may use the BarcodeGenerator API, which is more robust and offers more flexibility and control for barcode generation. Anyways, we will soon evaluate and get back to you with more updates and information.

WinForms and WPF controls at this time are obsolete technologies, in this way we support these controls as a legacy.

Asp.Net Web Forms also obsolete technology and we do not plan to support it. However you can use Image control and set barcode image to ImageURL.