Atlassian Jira plugin using Aspose.PDF Java won't start

Hello,

I wrote a small plugin for Atlassian Jira which utilizes Aspose PDF for Java, however I’m having trouble starting it. I get this error when I’m trying to start the plugin:

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]           'com.toolstrek.jira.plugins.pdfConverter' - 'Toolstrek PDF Converter for Jira'  failed to load.

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] Cannot start plugin: com.toolstrek.jira.plugins.pdfConverter
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] Unable to resolve com.toolstrek.jira.plugins.pdfConverter [190](R 190.0): missing requirement [com.toolstrek.jira.plugins.pdfConverter [190](R 190.0)] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=com.aspose.pdf.internal.ms.core._net.ap) Unresolved requirements: [[com.toolstrek.jira.plugins.pdfConverter [190](R 190.0)] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=com.aspose.pdf.internal.ms.core._net.ap)]

Attached are my pom.xml file and MANIFEST.MF:

manifest.docx (76.1 KB)
pom.docx (6.3 KB)

Please advise.
Cheers!

@oriz

We need to further investigate what could be the issue related to. Therefore, an investigation ticket has been logged in our issue tracking system.

Issue ID(s): PDFJAVA-42448

We will further look into its details and keep you posted with the status of its correction. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

@asad.ali

As an experiment I change Apose Pdf version in my pom.xml to the latest one (22.12). Getting the same error but the package is different:

Unable to resolve com.toolstrek.jira.plugins.pdfConverter [190](R 190.0): missing requirement 
 [com.toolstrek.jira.plugins.pdfConverter [190](R 190.0)] osgi.wiring.package; 
 (osgi.wiring.package=com.aspose.pdf.internal.font) Unresolved requirements: 
 [[com.toolstrek.jira.plugins.pdfConverter [190](R 190.0)] osgi.wiring.package; 
 (osgi.wiring.package=com.aspose.pdf.internal.font)]

Hope this helps

@oriz

Thanks for providing this information. We have updated the ticket information as well and will definitely investigate from this perspective.

@asad.ali

I’ve managed to resolve the issue by removing this from maven plugin instructions:

<Import-Package>
    org.springframework.osgi.*;resolution:="optional",
    org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.*;resolution:="optional",
</Import-Package>

@oriz

It is nice to know that you were able to sort your issue out. Please feel free to create a new topic in case you face any other issue.