Attached bitmap and PDF not readable by BarCodeReader

Hi, I’m trying to read a barcode from either the attached PDF or a Screenshot of the same document using the following Code, but new BarCodeReader(bmp, type).Read() always returns false whether I’m using BarCodeReadType.QR or BarCodeReadType.AllSupportedTypes:

var bmp = new Bitmap("QrCode_20mm.png");
        BarCodeReader reader = new BarCodeReader(bmp, BarCodeReadType.AllSupportedTypes);
        if (reader.Read())
        {
            return reader.GetCodeText();
        }
        return null;

The PDF was generated using Aspose PDF using an image generated from Aspose.Barcode.
Please tell me what I have to change to be able to read the Barcode.
Thanks…
Matthias
QrCode_20mm.png (12.3 KB)
QrCode_20mm.pdf (390.5 KB)

@mheuer,

Thanks for the bitmap and PDF file.

After an initial test and using your sample code with your template file, I managed to reproduce the issue as you have mentioned. I found I found new BarCodeReader(bmp, type).Read() always returns false whether I use BarCodeReadType.QR or BarCodeReadType.AllSupportedTypes. I have logged a ticket with an id “BARCODENET-37137” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

@mheuer,

We are pleased to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “BARCODENET-37137”) now. We will provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

Once the next version/fix is available, we will notify you with Download link.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as BARCODENET-37137) have been fixed in Aspose.BarCode for .NET 19.3. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi

Hi, sorry for responding so late, but we have the Aspose BarCode Version 6.9 rolled out to several customers and cannot update them. Is there a workaround for this (BARCODENET-37137) Barcode Problem? Does it only happen in certain situations that we can avoid?
Thanks in advance…
Matthias

@mheuer,

I am afraid, there may not be any workaround to cope with it. It was a bug in the APIs which is fixed in Aspose.BarCode for .NET v19.3 now, so you got to upgrade to latest APIs set to avail that fix.

Hi again, we want upgrade to the new Version and the API has really been changed a lot.
The old “BarCodeBuilder” has been deprecated and obviously replaced by “BarCodeGenerator”
Is there a documentation about what has changed and what the new, recommended ways are for reading and writing QR-Codes?

@mheuer,

Well, you may check the Release notes of each release to know about the new features and fixes and what API has been added or changed. For example, see the Aspose.BarCode for .NET v18.7 Release notes document where we introduced Aspose.BarCode.Generation.BarCodeGenerator class (see the Public APIs changes section):

Hope, this helps a bit.