Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Attached bitmap and PDF not readable by BarCodeReader

Hi, I’m trying to read a barcode from either the attached PDF or a Screenshot of the same document using the following Code, but new BarCodeReader(bmp, type).Read() always returns false whether I’m using BarCodeReadType.QR or BarCodeReadType.AllSupportedTypes:

var bmp = new Bitmap("QrCode_20mm.png");
        BarCodeReader reader = new BarCodeReader(bmp, BarCodeReadType.AllSupportedTypes);
        if (reader.Read())
        {
            return reader.GetCodeText();
        }
        return null;

The PDF was generated using Aspose PDF using an image generated from Aspose.Barcode.
Please tell me what I have to change to be able to read the Barcode.
Thanks…
Matthias
QrCode_20mm.png (12.3 KB)
QrCode_20mm.pdf (390.5 KB)

@mheuer,

Thanks for the bitmap and PDF file.

After an initial test and using your sample code with your template file, I managed to reproduce the issue as you have mentioned. I found I found new BarCodeReader(bmp, type).Read() always returns false whether I use BarCodeReadType.QR or BarCodeReadType.AllSupportedTypes. I have logged a ticket with an id “BARCODENET-37137” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

@mheuer,

We are pleased to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “BARCODENET-37137”) now. We will provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

Once the next version/fix is available, we will notify you with Download link.