Attachment icons are lost in exported PDF (C# .NET)

Hi,

I am using Aspose.Email to save a msg as a mhtml. I see if it has attachments shown as icons in the email the icons are not shown in the mhtml instead an ‘X’ is shown.

Is there any way to set the display icons for attachments in an email?

Hi Shyama,

Thank you for using Aspose products.

We have recently fixed similar issues with the latest version of Aspose.Email for Java v1.7.0. I would request you to please give the latest Jars a try and feed us back with your results.

In case your problem persists, please provide us a sample so we may identify the problem cause and move forward to fix it for you.

Looking forward to your kind response.
Regards,

Hi,

I have tried with v1.7.0 and see no change. Please note that we are still using evaluation license while waiting for the commercial license.

I am attaching the sample code used along with the msg and the output. Please let me know if I am missing something.

Thank you,
Shyama

Hi Shyama Venugopal

I have re-generated the scenario and found the issue valid. I have raised a ticket NETWRKJAVA-33147 in our bug tracking system. Our experts will analyse the issue and as soon as some feed back is received , it will be notified to you.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding.

Best Regards

Hi Shyama,

Thank you for your patience.

It is to brief you on the current status of the ticket logged earlier as NETWRKJAVA-33147. Upon investigation, we have found that the said behavior is not a bug of Aspose.Email component. Outlook gets the attachment icon from the system settings, that means the attachment icon is not contained in the message body as a picture. Therefore, when converting a message to MHTML format, the message body is converted from RTF to HTML format. And if the origional RTF doesn’t contain attachment icon, it won’t be displayed in HTML as well.

Regards,

Hi,

We are seeing icons lost as in my attachments. I am using c# v 19.4. If Aspose is converting to pdf, shouldn’t it match what outlook does? This is very important for us to get the same results as Outlook.

Thank you,
Charles

LostIcon.zip (478.6 KB)

@ccuster68,

I have worked with MSG file and have been able to observe the issue. An issue with ID EMAILNET-39483 has been created in our issue tracking system to investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.