Attachment is missing the content-disposition header

Hello,

I’m using the latest Aspose.Email dll for .NET.
I have the following code sample:

</div><div><div> private void TestMethod() </div><div> {</div><div> string SAVE_AS_FILE_LOCATION = @"C:\temp\test.eml";</div><div> using (MailMessage message = new MailMessage())</div><div> {</div><div> message.IsDraft = false;</div><div> message.Subject = "Test";</div><div> message.Body = "This is a test body";</div><div> message.From = new MailAddress("from@email.address");</div><div> message.To.Add(new MailAddress("to@email.adress"));</div><div><br></div><div> string attachmentMessage = @"<html><body>test</body></html>";</div><div> MemoryStream ms = new MemoryStream(Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(attachmentMessage));</div><div> Attachment attachment = new Attachment(ms, "test.html", "text/html");</div><div> // Uncommenting the next line will cause the attachment to add the header "Content-Disposition" which will properly generate the EML file</div><div> //ContentDisposition cd = attachment.ContentDisposition;</div><div> //if (cd == null)</div><div> //{</div><div> // // Just to reference the property. This is a dummy code</div><div> //}</div><div> message.Attachments.Add(attachment);</div><div> using (MemoryStream saveAsMemoryStream = new MemoryStream())</div><div> {</div><div> message.Save(saveAsMemoryStream, SaveOptions.DefaultEml);</div><div><br></div><div> using (FileStream fs = File.Create(SAVE_AS_FILE_LOCATION))</div><div> {</div><div> if (saveAsMemoryStream.CanSeek)</div><div> {</div><div> saveAsMemoryStream.Seek(0, SeekOrigin.Begin);</div><div> }</div><div> saveAsMemoryStream.CopyTo(fs);</div><div> }</div><div> }</div><div> }</div><div> }</div></div><div>
When I open the file on disk (C:\temp\test.eml), the message displays wrong (I’m using Outlook). It show the body as the attachment and the attachment as the body.

If I uncomment the line of code mentioned above, it will work fine.
If I don’t reference the property “ContentDisposition” on the attachment object, it will not be added to the list of headers and the eml file generated will be displayed/interpreted wrong.

Is this a known bug?

Thanks!

Hi Corneliu,

Thank you for writing to Aspose Support team.

We were also able to observe the issue using the latest version of the API and have logged it as EMAILNET-38667 for further investigation by our Product team. We’ll update you here once there is some information or a fix version available in this regard.

Thanks Kashif for looking into it!

You are welcome.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILNET-38667) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.