Attachments not recognized in iPhone

Hello

We recently upgraded from Aspose Email .Net versions 5 to version 19.7

In emails sent by the 19.7 version, the iPhone/iPad mail app is not recognizing the attachment.
The email body has a text and image, along with a pdf attachment.
The symptoms seem very much like this thread:

Please advise if this bug was fixed in 19.7 or should be test with a different version?

Jay

@jaysurendranath,

I like to inform that this issue has been resolved in 19.7. If you are facing this issue than please share source files along with working sample code to reproduce the issue.

Adnan

Basically, here is the code. It outputs the eml file after attaching. There is no difference when i compare the eml files produced in versions 19.6, 19.7 and 19.10

class Program
{
    static void Main(string[] args)
    {
        const string asposeutilitiesAsposeTotalLic = "AsposeEmailTest.Aspose.Total.lic";
        var assembly = Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly();
        using (var stream = assembly.GetManifestResourceStream(asposeutilitiesAsposeTotalLic))
        {
            // set aspose slides license
            var license = new License();
            license.SetLicense(stream);
        }

var message = MailMessage.Load(@"D:\CDriveBackup\dump\wire-preattach.eml");
        message.AddAttachment(new Attachment(@"D:\CDriveBackup\dump\bwam101719.pdf", new ContentType("application /octet-stream")));

message.Save(@"D:\CDriveBackup\dump\wire-postattach-19-7.eml");
    }
}

@Adnan.Ahmad I also noticed that version 17.0 and before, the same code produces a eml with mime type “multipart/mixed” but the version 19.6 thru 19.10 produces mime type “multipart/related”.
Not sure if this is the problem

@jaysurendranath,

Thanks for sharing requested information. Can you please share source EML file with us so that we may further investigate to help you out.

This may or may not be related to the problem we had.

See thread:

If the problems are not related, adminstrators/moderators may delete this comment.

‘Verne’