Autocad DWG using external references to other DWG

Can I know if Aspose library is supposed to render correctly DWG file with external references to other DWG ? I currently have a “master” file with external references to others DWG files and image files in the same folder. Master file converted to PDF correctly includes images but does not have renders of other referenced DWG files as we have if we use Autocad software and we print to PDF.

Is there a specific way to render external DWG references with Aspose library ? Is it supported ? If so, can we have a code sample to manage it ?

I use Java Aspose CAD library paid version and program is running in Windows environment.

@sberthez,
yes, this feature is supported, there is no specific code for it. Could you please create some code example for us and attach your master file and problematic referenced dwg so we can reproduce and investigate it?

Thanks. Find as attached the ZIP file containing a simple example that does not work : xref_flat.zip (1.1 MB)

If there is nothing special to do can you test it with your code in order to know if the problem comes from us or not? It is supposed to look like this : acad_3sFzRWhyxg.png (32.1 KB)

If you want our code I need to clean it to only have the part related to Aspose but I can give you if needed.

@sberthez,
thank you very much, we are able to reproduce the problem. We have created issue CADJAVA-10464 to investigate it better.

Thanks a lot, i will wait for resolution.

Regards

Hello. Is there a way to follow issue resolution in order to know if problem will be resolved and when ?

Regards

@sberthez,
Hi, this issue is planned for Aspose.CAD for Java 22.2 release, which is expected in the first half of March. You will get the notification about it.

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CADJAVA-10464) have been fixed in Aspose.CAD for Java 22.2 update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by Oleksii.Gorokhovatskyi