Automatic image compression Excel not preserved

Hello,

If I save an excel file with one or more images on it the option to compress images is not preserved (in office 365) after opening and saving an excel workbook through Aspose.cells . (excel options -> advanced -> image size and quality -> do not compress images is turned OFF in the file). If I then do a simple

lFileName = “AsposeImgSettingTest.xlsx”;
lSaveName = “AsposeImgSettingTest-out.xlsx”;
Workbook lWorkbook =
new Workbook( lFileName );
lWorkbook.save( lSaveName); // FileFormatType.HTML );

The option is suddenly turned on in that location in the output document (again, when opened and viewed in excel). With both the input and output documents the lWorkbook.getSettings().getAutoCompressPictures() call seems to return false.

I have included the test excel files (simple excel with 1 picture in it).
I am using Aspose.Cells for Java 17.5.0 .

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue and logged it in our database for a fix.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSJAVA-42316 - Option to compress images is not preserved on opening and saving the Excel file

Also attached the output Excel file generated by the code and the screenshot highlighting the issue for a reference.

Java
Workbook lWorkbook = new Workbook( dirPath + “AsposeImgSettingTest.xlsx” );
lWorkbook.save( dirPath + “out.xlsx”);

Hi,

We are pleased to inform you that we have fixed your issue now. We will soon provide you the fix after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

Keep in touch.

Thank you.
Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the following latest fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v17.5.9 and let us know your feedback.

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. It appears to have fixed the issue we were experiencing.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Good to know that your issue is sorted out by the new fix/version. Feel free to write us back if you have further comments or questions, we will be happy to assist you soon.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-42316) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java 17.6.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.