Automatic Layout does not produce exact results

Hi

I was going through the Aspose examples, the automatics layouts.

I understand from the examples that Aspose has two types of layouts; but the output does not preseve the original diagram … some shapes are missing, and the lines go haway.

Is there any better way, to create layouts with Aspose.

Thanks
Sujay

Hi Sujay,

Thank you for contacting support. Please note that Aspose.Diagram API mimics the behavior of Microsoft Office Visio. We add and connect various Visio shapes. Finally, we can re-layout the page shapes. These are the same options as available in Microsoft Office Visio under Design >> Layout >> Re-Layout Page (MS 2010). These are not only the two types of layouts. Please check LayoutStyle enum.

In case, you are facing issues of not preserving the original diagram, then please provide us your problematic diagram in this forum thread along with sample code. We’ll take a closer look and guide you accordingly.

We hope, this helps. Please feel free to reply us in case of any confusion or questions.

Hi Imran

Thanks for the quick reply.

I was referring to the layout examples available with the Aspose samples.

The output is not that good. Is there any better way out.eg Orthogonal layout,

Thanks
Sujay

Hi Sujay,

Thank you for your inquiry. I’m afraid. There is no other way to layout shapes than Visio “Re-Layout Page” options (Design >> Layout >> Re-Layout Page). However, we can move, connect and edit shapes anywhere on the Visio drawing. In case, you are facing issues when creating a Visio drawing, then please provide us a template drawing along with the problem details. We’ll look into the matter and guide you accordingly.