AutoShapes lose position when a Slide is cloned

Hi,

I have found that some autoshapes lose position and formatting when the slide is cloned into a new presentation. I am using aspose.slides for java 1.8.2.0. In bug .ppt slide1 you can find the arrows have moved out of position (this is the cloned slide in the new presentation). you can see the original slide and placing of the arrows in original.ppt. Also my previous query regarding cloned slides having table borders problem, you can see that in bug.ppt slides 2 and 3 when you drag the bottom table border it leaves a trailing horizontal line. the case also happens to a created table using aspose.slides 1.8.2.0. please suggest solutions to these. Also does aspose.slides for java 1.8.2.0 have memory problems when cloning many slides having graphics/shapes? because it seems to consume more memory and cpu when it is doing that? the attached bug.zip has the original presentation and the cloned bug.ppt.

thx

prashanth

Dear prashanth,

Thanks for reporting, we will fix it as soon as possible.

so the problems

1)Shapes moving out of position (arrow in the previous ppt) when the slide is cloned.

2)Bottom table borders leaving a trailing line when you drag the bottom border.

exists.(actually i tested with powerpoint 2000) and aspose.slides 1.8.2.0.

When can i get the fixes/solution for this approx.?

Thanks,

prashanth

Any Fixes/solutions

Hello Prashanth,

Next hot fix will be available in a week or two.
Problem with autoshapes really exist and we are working to fix it.
To investigate problem with tables on last slides please provide source presentation with these tables.

see attached ppt drag the bottom borders of the table and you can see the trailing line. tested with aspose.slides.1.8.2.0. and ms powerpoint 2000. please suggest a solution.

Thanks,

prashanth

Hello Prashanth,

If I’m not mistaken you attached presentation created with Aspose.Slides but I asked for source presentation.

Btw, did you try last Aspose.Slides version instead of old one created half an year ago?

I think, I did test using the latest version the above bugs do exist in the latest release. I have attached the src slides which have the tables which are cloned and rows added to the table as in the generated presentation. So if you drag the bottom border of the table you can see a trailing line in the generated presentation.

Thanks,

prashanth

please let me know as soon as the fix is available. also since my licence is a year old, i wont be able to use the fix without the evaluation copy watermark. what should i do?

thanks,

prashanth

Dear prashanth,

The license includes one year updates only. To get newer versions of Aspose.Slides to work, you need to purchase another license. For complete information, please post your question on Aspose.Purchase forum.

http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.purchase/220/showforum.aspx

Hi,

I found that the table bug leaving a trailing border on slide cloning has been fixed on the latest release. but the connectors bug losing position on slide cloning still remains.

Thanks,

prashanth

Hello,

Yes, you are right. Problem with connectors still exists.
It will be fixed as soon as we find the source of this issue.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 5334) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.