Background image in SSRS exporting to word as page colour - fill effect

Hi,

I am newbie so please take it easy on me. I have an SSRS report where I’ve included a background image on the report. When I export to word and print from Word to printer or pdf, the picture is tiled on the page. I am guessing this is due to the background image being exported as a fill effect.

Could you please advise?

Thanks.

Raj.

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your rdl report and rdl.data file here for testing. We will check the issue and provide you more information.

Best regards.

Hi Alexey,

I’ve attached the rdl and data file as requested.

Thanks in advance.

Raj.

Hi

Thank you for additional information. Your request has been logged in our defect database. you will be notified as soon as it is resolved.

Best regards.

Hi Alexey,

Just wondering how long does it usually take to get the defect resolved and is there any workaround that I could use in the meantime?

Raj.

Hi,

I will try to fix your issue by Monday.

Thanks.

Thanks Dmitry.

Hi Dmitry,

Just wondering how you going with this?

Raj.

Hi,

Sorry for delay. After further investigation it appeared to be a known Microsoft Word issue, or specifics, reported in different sources.

As discussed in the topic, it seems like the only way to change the behavior of the image while printing is inserting it not as a background image, but as a watermark (floating image anchored to the header). Would it satisfy you?

Thanks.

Hi Dmitry,

Since I am creating a report via SSRS and am trying to get this to work, you wouldnt have instructions on how to insert the image as a watermark?

Raj.

Hi Raj,

Sorry for delayed response. It seems like there is an easier way to avoid tiling - all we need is simply use the background picture as a texture! At least it looks as expected on my printer now.

I will provide you with an intermediate build containing the fix shortly so that you could try it on your end.

Thanks.

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 10790) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.