Bad Conversions

During our vendor assessment, we noticed that many documents do not render our checkbox/radio button images correctly.

I’ve attached samples of good and bad conversions for your reference.
Good Conversions:

Source: MO_withholding_2010_template.doc
Converted PDF: MO_withholding_2010_template.pdf

Bad Conversions:

Source: MA_withholding_2010_template.doc
Converted PDF: MA_withholding_2010_template.pdf

Thanks,
Marc Julius
IT Manager
iCIMS, Inc.
email: marc.julius@icims.com

Hi

Thank you for reporting this problem to us. I managed to reproduce it on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Also, I noticed that if open/save your document using MS Word and then convert the document to PDF, the problem does not occur.
Best regards.

We recently purchased the Developer OEM version of your product and the Priority Support.
Can you escalate the issue into the priority support queue for me?
Thanks,
Marc Julius

Hi

Thanks for your request. The problem is already resolved in the current codebase. The fix will be included into the next hotfix, which comes out in a month or so.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 18233) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hi,

We just installed and tested the newest release (version 9.3.0) and while the checkbox/radio button images are fixed, we did notice that a different version of our checkbox/radio button was broken.

Attached are three files…

• MD_withholding_2010_template.doc (this is the original WDSL generated document)
  • MD_withholding_2010_template.pdf (this is the corresponding PDF generated by Aspose 9.3.0. Notice the broken checkboxes and radio buttons)
  • MD_withholding_2010_template_doc.pdf (this is the corresponding PDF generated by Aspose 9.1.0. Notice the checkboxes and radio buttons appear properly)

Thanks.

Marc Julius
iCIMS, Inc.
marc.julius@icims.com

Hi

Thanks for your request. I cannot reproduce the problem on my side. The difference I noticed between two PDFs you have attached, is that one of them includes Webdings font and another does not. Do you convert the document in the same environment? The problem might occur because Webdings font is not installed. Please make sure it is installed on your side.
Best regards.