Bad naming strategy- bad build process- no version information

we like to automatically put new aspose versions to our ivy repository, but there are serveral tiny little “mistakes” in the aspose.total, which makes our work difficult

• I downloaded aspose.total for java ==> aspose.pdf.zip is missing! why?
  • there’s a bad naming strategy for different products; e.g. apidocs for aspose.cells is found in “docs”, for aspose.words it is found in “apidoc”, for pfk.kit it is found in “doc” ==> please use one name!
  • pdf.jar does not contain any version info in META-INF/MANIFEST-MF
  • report.xxxx.jar does not contain any version info in META-INF/MANIFEST-MF
  • ==> please put version-information at one place (our preferred location META-INF/MANIFEST-MF) and do it in all jars and aspose products.

tonreg:

• I downloaded aspose.total for java ==> aspose.pdf.zip is missing! why?

Hello Gerno,

Thanks for using our products.

I am a representative from Aspose.Pdf product family. I have tested the scenario and I am able to notice that Aspose.Pdf for Java is missing in Aspose.Total for Java package. We will look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Nevertheless, You can download the latest build version of Aspose.Pdf for Java 2.6.0 from here.

tonreg:

• pdf.jar does not contain any version info in META-INF/MANIFEST-MF
  • ==> please put version-information at one place (our preferred location META-INF/MANIFEST-MF) and do it in all jars and aspose products.

Regarding the version information, we would definitely look into this matter and will correct it. Meanwhile, in order to get the Aspose.Pdf for Java product version, please try using the following code snippet.

[Java]

//Instantiate Pdf pbject by calling its empty constructor
Pdf pdf1 = new Pdf();
//Create a new section in the Pdf object
Section section1 = pdf1.getSections().add();

// Get the product version and it the text string to paragraphs collection of section object.
section1.getParagraphs().add(new Text("Current Product version :- " + pdf1.version()));

// save the resultant PDF
pdf1.save("d:/pdftest/HTMLSample_File_to_PDF.pdf");