Bad performance for PSD conversion after upgrading, resulting in OOM(java)

Hi,

When upgrading from aspose.imaging 2.1.0.0 to 19.6, we see huge performance problems for PSD files.

Here’s the example file (89MB after downloading): White 3d text effect Psd in editable .psd format free and easy download unlimit id:6842064

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 4.46.01 pm.png (986.7 KB)

try (final Image image = Image.load(inStream)) { image.resize(100, 100, ResizeType.LanczosResample); ImageOptionsBase opts = new JpegOptions(); image.save(outStream, opts); }

Why is converting a PSD file in the much newer version so much worse in terms of memory/cpu usage? In 2.1.0.0 they generate very quickly, whereas in 19.6 they take 30+ seconds.

Thanks,

@atlassian,

Can you please try to use Aspose.PSD version to convert this document. Can you please visit this download section for PSD.

@Adnan.Ahmad is this available for java? There’s no links available here and no release notes, which is strange Aspose.PSD

There’s no aspose-psd here either Aspose Repository Browser /java/repo/com/aspose/

@atlassian,

I regret to inform that Aspose.PSD for java is not available right now. You may use Aspose.Imaging java for now. An issue with ID IMAGINGJAVA-1363 has been created in our issue tracking system to investigate the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be fixed.

Thanks @Adnan.Ahmad. Do you know when Aspose.PSD for java will be available?

I guess I have to stay on a really old version of Aspose.Imaging instead of upgrading to 19.6, because PSD conversions perform much worse in 19.6.

@atlassian,

I like to inform that Aspose.PSD for java will be available soon. I request for your patience and we will share good news with you soon.