Bar Code Font disappears when printing

Just downloaded the trial of Words for .Net. I have an MS Word document with several bookmarks, some of these are using a bar code font.
When I use the line of code “doc.Save(“Report Out.doc”, SaveFormat.Doc, SaveType.OpenInBrowser, Response)” the form is generated correctly and the bar codes are displayed.
However if I use doc.Print(\\printserver\p05875) the barcodes are printed in a plain text font.
It’s not the printer as I’ve printed the saved version to the same printer with no issues.
Can somebody tell me if this is a known problem and if there is a workaround?
Regards
Cliff

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. I suppose barcode font is embedded font into your document. Aspose.Words does not yet support embedded fonts upon printing and converting document to PDF. This is the issue #7626 in our defect database.
As a workaround, you can install barcode font on the PC where you would like to print your document.
Best regards.

Hi
I’ve got this working now with a different bar code font when running locally within Visual Studio 2008 on Windows Server 2008, but when I publish to a seperate Windows Server 2008 installation it reverts back to not printing the bar code either on the printout or if I save to PDF.
I’ve installed the font on the server, is there anything else that needs to be installed on the server to get this to work?

Hi

Thanks for your request. Could you please attach the font you have installed on the server and your document for testing? I will investigate the issue and provide you more information.
Best regards.

Hi Alexey
Been playing around with different barcode fonts and found one that works from Barcodesoft so all is good now.
Thanks for the support
Cliff

Hi Cliff,

It is nice that you have already found the solution. Please let me know in case of any issues, I will be glad to help you.
Best regards.

A fix for the issue(s) you’ve reported (filed as 7626) will be released in the next release at the end of this month. You will be notified.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(9)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-2103) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(110)