Barcode Detection - Orientation Issue

Hello,

I am trying to detect a barcode in an image file of an envelope and it works fine if the envelop was scanned vertical, with the barcode on the upper left edge, and if it was scanned horizontal with the barcode being on the bottom edge.

However, if the envelope was scanned vertically with the barcode along the bottom right edge or horizontally upside down, then the barcode isn’t detected.

Our customers scan their documents in various orientations and we are trying to ensure that the barcode is picked up.

Does the component support automatic rotation or provide a method to rotate the image or do I have to write my own code to rotate the image?

Thanks,
Chris

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Current implementation of barcode Recognition process does not have any functionality to rotate the image. Either you can write your own custom code to rotate the image before feeding it to the BarCodeReader or you can use the advanced recognition features like OrientationHints for your need.

Please check out the below linked technical article on the subject.
http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.barcode-for-.net/barcode-orientation.html

I hope this is helpful. If your problem persists then please share your sample image with us.

Regards,