Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Barcode does not render after mail merge using .NET | Upgrade from v11.2 to v20.2

We have ran into an issue when merging to a template document that has a merge field that uses bar code font after upgrading from 11.2 to 20.2. I have created a demo project with the template, when using the 11.2 dll you can see that the bar code field merges correctly but when using the 20.2 dll the bar code appears as text with the place holder bar codes either side. I have also tried this with the latest version (20.7) and the issue is still there. I was digging around on the forums and have found some what of a work around (currently commented out in the sample code) but it does not fully give a solution - plus there will be the need for other non-bar code font fields on the document. Please advise on how we would go about fixing the issue. The template file is included in the same project folder. Please find the sample project here : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TACbhSXpFLMw7EBgh5CPw5QoNtLkGiPj/view?usp=sharing

@ieuan.griffiths

Please make sure that the barcode font is installed on the system where you are generating the document.

If you still face problem, please ZIP and attach your input, problematic and expected output documents here for testing. We will investigate the issue and provide you more information on it.

Bar code font is installed on my system. I have linked a ZIP folder in my first post (it was too big to upload) that has a sample project that your development team can look at. It has examples of the working output with the old version of your library and an example of it not working on the new version of your library.
Thanks

@ieuan.griffiths

Unfortunately, it is difficult to say what the problem is without documents and code example. Please remove all DLLs from your application and share the requested resources. We will investigate the issue and provide you more information on it.

Please also share the old version of Aspose.Words which works in your test case.

I’m a little confused as I provided a link to a code example which generated both correct and incorrect documents but I’m happy to provide another one. This zip has the DLLs removed and it contains one document where the bar code is displaying correctly and another one where the bar code is not displaying correctly. Link to the zip is here : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FRbbbrbltCFA0fxDJWLqq9jLkj3uuQUs/view?usp=sharing
Please let me know if you need anything else from me to assist with this.
Regards
Ieuan

@ieuan.griffiths

We have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-20875 . You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

@ieuan.griffiths

The issue you are facing is actually not a bug in Aspose.Words. So, we have closed this issue (WORDSNET-20875) as ‘Not a Bug’.

Please note that Aspose.Words mimics the behavior of MS Word. If you perform the same scenario using MS Word, you will get the same output. The MERGEFIELD used to render the barcode has the \* MERGEFORMAT switch. The behavior of old version of Aspose.Words is not correct.

To get the desired output, you should remove the \* MERGEFORMAT switch from the field.