Barcode Failing To Preview In Visual Studio

Hi Steve,

Meanwhile, please try the attached sample project on your side. It is working perfect in my environment. Please do let me know how it goes on your side.

Hi Imram

I have imported your test project into my environment, but I get the same issue. Please see attached.

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the confirmation. I will keep you informed of any developments regarding the new environment. Please be patient and spare us a bit more time.

Imran

Could you please give me an update on this issue?

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the intimation. This task was pending due to some other priority tasks. I will get back to you in a couple of days. We’re sorry for the inconvenience you faced.

Imran

There have been no updates on this is issue in over a month. Could you please give a progress update?

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your patience. I have prepared a new VM with Windows Server 2012 Standard 64 bits and MS SQL Server 2012 standard edition. I’m very sorry to share that I could not reproduce this issue using Aspose.BarCode for SSRS 5.7.0.0 & 5.6.2.0. It is unfortunate that you’re having trouble on your side. We first need to reproduce it on our side. Please be patient and spare us a little time.

We really appreciate your cooperation.

Hi

Is there any update on this issue yet? It has been 3 months since this issue was logged and we are still unable to use the software.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your inquiry. I’m afraid to share with you that we could not replicate this error message yet. Moreover, I searched over Google and found a single thread ( here ) regarding this error message. It is about the cache. Maybe previous version in the cache, or something. You can try same recommendations with the exe tool described in the thread and try to find and delete all our samples of dll from any path found (cache) and reboot then copy dlls again.

I hope it helps. Please do let me know in case of further assistance or questions.

Hi Imran

I have used the FUSLOGVW.exe tool to extract the attached logs. Please advise if there is anything highlighted in the logs that identifies what is causing the failure.

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

Please accept our apologies for the delay. We are working over your query and shall get back to you shortly.

Hi Imran

As suggested, I have searched the hard drive for all Aspose dlls and deleted them. I rebooted the server and copied the dlls again but got the same error message. Did you find anything in the logs? Thanks.
Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for being patient. We have gone through the logs and able to observe the cause of error message. I believe it is due to the System.ni.dll because it is trying to use a native image but fails. Please take a look over the attached log file ( path: Logs/NativeImage/PreviewProcessingService.exe). A native image can only be loaded into a single application domain unless the assembly was loaded as a domain-neutral assembly. Please go through a helping link here. I hope it helps.

Please do let us know in case of any further assistance or questions.

Hi Imran
This is beyond my level of understanding so I have passed this to our server hosting provider. There response was as follows…

“As discussed on the phone, no changes were made to the operating system upon install to any of the Native Windows
DLL’s.
The link provided by your application developer also only seems to advise how to review this error, from what I’ve read
and attempted to understand this doesn’t actually provide a fix.
If your application developers could provide you with a list of changes that are required for this application to run,
I’ll try my hardest to get these in place for you.”

Could you please provide more information regarding what needs to be changed in order for aspose to function? Many thanks.
Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your inquiry. We are working over your query and shall get back to you shortly.

Hi Steve,

Thank you for being patient. As I shared earlier, it is not reproducible on my side so far it is quite difficult to provide a fix. Anyway, I discussed this matter with our development team. We noticed another thing that the library is loading native image twice. We don't know why it is so.

*** Assembly Binder Log Entry (08/11/2013 @ 13:45:43) ***
Native image successfully used.

*** Assembly Binder Log Entry (08/11/2013 @ 13:45:48) ***
An error happened

We thought it's something specific to the MSSQL configuration. You can try re-configuring the MSSQL server and second option is re-installing .NET framework. I hope It helps.

Please do let me know in case of any further assistance or questions.

Hi Imram

Our hosting provider has requested that you provide a copy of the config file from your 2012 server test environment…

"As MSSQL configuration is mentioned I would request that we can have a copy of the ConfigurationFile.ini for SQL at that
point we could compare what is missing if anything from the current setup.

A configuration file should be able to be generated by them using the following guide:-

Once they have provided this file if you attach it to this ticket we can then take it from there."

Is this something you can provide? Many thanks.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your inquiry. We are working over your query and shall get back to you shortly.

Hi Steve,

Thank you for being patient. I have attached a zip file to this reply. I hope, this will help you.

Hi Imran

My sever hosting partner could not find any differences between our config file and yours. They then set up a second hosted server for me to use as a test environment. I have just installed aspose on the new server and got exactly the same error. I noticed the following text on the install guide, which I don’t understand. I am using config files provided by you, can you confirm that this change was made in the config files? …

“While installing Aspose.BarCode for Reporting Services on MS SQL Server 2012 environment, you need additionally set FullTrust instead of Execution for Report_Expressions_Default_Permissions and ZoneMembershipCondition in the file RSPreviewPolicy.config”

Thanks,

Steve