Barcode is not generating for *

Hi Team,

When i am using aspose library it is not generating barcode for * which is part of my barcode value.

It is working fine with Aspose version 8. Please help me asap.
Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We have evaluated the issue at our end. During initial investigation we are unable to notice the said issue. We need more information about the issue you are facing. Please share sample code snippet with us. This will help us to reproduce the issue. Please forward us the code snippet. We will investigate the issue and update you about our findings in this forum thread.

I have a value for barcode like

* 23548797 *

When i am using Version 8 it is generating barcode correctly.

When i use Version 11 it is generating barcode only for 23548797

and * is coming before and after barcode image.

Hi,

Thank you for sharing details.

We have tried to reproduce the issue by using the shared information. We tried to generate a Code128 coded barcode with text “* 23548797 *”. The barcode generated successfully and Aspose.BarCode was able to read that barcode too. Sample barcode image is attached for your reference. We have used the latest version of Aspose.BarCode for .NET i.e. Aspose.BarCode for .NET 17.03.

OUTPUT:
-- Symbol:Code128 Code :* 23548797 *

Hi,

We are getting bar code as below.

Please find attachment.and code i am using to generate barcode

void a.Reporting.IFieldMergingCallback.FieldMerging(a.Reporting.FieldMergingArgs e)
{
if (e.DocumentFieldName.Equals(“barcode”, StringComparison.OrdinalIgnoreCase))
{
e.Text = e.FieldValue.ToString().Replace(’!’, ‘*’);
}
}

Let me know how it will generate using aspose version 11

Hi,

Thank you for sharing details.

I am afraid that this information is not sufficient to identify the issue. You may please provide some sample project or share your complete code which can be compiled and executed here to reproduce the issue. It is further requested that simplified and complete code should be shared along with complete version number of the Aspose.BarCode API that you are using, so that issue can be identified at the earliest.