Barcode is not readable after library version update

Hi Team,

I updated Aspose Barcode library from v22.8 to v23.9 and one of barcodes is not readable anymore. I also tried to read it with online barcode reader which (I suppose) uses the latest version of Aspose.Barcode but it also cannot recognise barcode. Is there any way I can get info from this image? It worked fine with v22.8.

My environment is Java 11, Aspose.Barcode 23.9

barcode.jpeg (87.9 KB)

Thank you,
Yana

@YaGuseva,

The quality of barcode is poor in your image file. So, you need to specify quality settings to ask Aspose.BarCode to try to extract every possible barcode details from the image. Please try using latest version of the API (Aspose.BarCode for v24.4), it works fine with it using your provided image as I tested.
e.g.,
Sample code:

com.aspose.barcode.barcoderecognition.BarCodeReader reader = new com.aspose.barcode.barcoderecognition.BarCodeReader("d:\\files\\barcode.jpeg", DecodeType.ALL_SUPPORTED_TYPES);
reader.setQualitySettings(QualitySettings.getMaxQuality());
com.aspose.barcode.barcoderecognition.BarCodeResult[] barCodeResults = reader.readBarCodes();
System.out.println(barCodeResults.length);
for (com.aspose.barcode.barcoderecognition.BarCodeResult barCodeResult : barCodeResults) {
         String codeText = barCodeResult.getCodeText();
         String codeType = barCodeResult.getCodeTypeName();

System.out.println(codeType + " : " + codeText);
}

Let us know if you still find any issue.

Thanks for the quick response! And do you know why online barcode reader cannot recognise it? I choose “All Types” there

@YaGuseva,

By default, online reader uses normal quality settings, so it may not detect poor quality barcodes.

1 Like