Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Barcode not recognized on low res tiff

Hi,

I have a lot of low res images were I need to recognize the barcode. On a batch of 1000 I normaly score about 98% but there are always some images that are giving troubles.
In attachment 3 files : ok.tiff is one that works without any problems.
original.tiff is one were no barcodes are recognized.
cropped.tiff is a smaller version because I thought that the images at the top were giving problems.

Even after trying a lot of QualitySettings the library never seems to recognize the barcode ( which should start with JJBEA ).

Any suggestions please,

Kind regards,

Guillaume

Images.zip (36.2 KB)

@GUENHOME,

Thanks for the image files.

Which version of Aspose.BarCode API you are using. I tried using our latest version/fix: Aspose.BarCode for .NET v19.2.x and it works fine for all three images in the zipped archive. I am using the following sample code to test the issue:
e.g
Sample code:

var bmp = new Bitmap("E:\\test2\\original.tiff");//other files also work fine
            Aspose.BarCode.BarCodeRecognition.BarCodeReader reader = new Aspose.BarCode.BarCodeRecognition.BarCodeReader(bmp, Aspose.BarCode.BarCodeRecognition.DecodeType.AllSupportedTypes);
            if (reader.Read())
            {
                Console.WriteLine(reader.GetCodeText());
            } 

Let us know with sample code (runnable) and details if you still find the issue with latest version, we will check it soon.

Hi Amjad,

It scan something but most of the time is garbled data. As you can see from the 10 files, correct.zip, the barcode should start with JJBEA12995 and have a length of 18 characters ( it’s a EAN128 barcode that is used by the Belgium Postal services ).
In the faulty.zip there are a number of files which don’t return the correct barcode.

I’m am using version 19.2.0.

I am aware that the quality is very low but I can’t get better quality from the source. Strange thing is that only about 2% isn’t recognized and if I compare the images I don’t see a big difference.

Thx,

Guillaume
Correct.zip (45.0 KB)
Faulty.zip (47.1 KB)

@GUENHOME

I have logged a ticket with an id “BARCODENET-37147” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

Ok thanks.

Guillaume

@GUENHOME,

You are welcome.