We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Barcode not rendering on deployed reports

I'm trying to demo your product (Aspose.BarcodeforReportingServices), and we are finding that when we deploy the solution from Visual Studio into reporting services that the barcode won't render. The report previews correctly in Visual Studio 2005, but after deployment to the ...reportserver$sqlexpress the report runs but the barcode doesn't render.

We are deploying to Windows Server 2003 w/ SQLExpress 2005 with Reporting Services.

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

We will check the deployment of barcodes on SQL Express 2005 with Reporting Services and get back to you.

In the meanwhile, could you please also make sure that the config files have been updated correctly according to http://www.aspose.com/documentation/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.barcode-for-reporting-services/install-manually.html.

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

I have also reproduced the bug at my end using SQL 2005 Express Advance and also logged the issue in our bug tracking system (ID: 18429). We will inform you when it gets resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

We did confirm that the config files are correct per your attachment, this did not resolve the issue.

Can you tell me if a fix is being actively pursued for the bug reported? I’m interested in purchasing this product since it integrates into Visual Studio Reports so well. The bug precludes me from doing this since it is necessary for the rendering to work in deployed reports as well. Please advise.

Hi,

I will get back to you with the status shortly.

Hi,

According to our analysis, the custom report items are not supported in SQL Express Advanced Reporting Services, therefore the barcode cannot be rendered in deployed reports using the Aspose control.

However, there is an alternate way to render the reports to SQL Express, by using the Image control from the Visual Studio toolbox and writing the code in Report properties. Please refer to http://www.aspose.com/documentation/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.barcode-for-reporting-services/how-to-display-barcodes-in-report-header.html for more details.